COUNTY OF VENTURA - HEALTH CARE AGENCY
Job Open until Filled
THE POSITION: Under general direction, provides advanced skilled nursing; patient and staff education in an ambulatory care setting; committee participation; quality assurance monitoring; and provides statistical data information; may provide clinical and functional supervision in the absence of the Clinical Manager.
PAYROLL TITLE: Senior Registered Nurse- Ambulatory Care
DEPARTMENT/AGENCY: Health Care Agency - Ambulatory Care
Senior Registered Nurse-Ambulatory Care is represented by the California Nurses' Association (CNA) and is eligible for overtime compensation. Salary placement will be determined according to the current CNA memorandum of agreement.
The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill current and future Regular (including Temporary and Fixed-term), Intermittent, and Extra Help vacancies for this position only. There are currently two (2) Regular vacancies.
OPENING DATE: October 24, 2022
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Examples Of Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Coordinates and facilitates delivery of care to patient and family in Hematology and Oncology;
· Assesses and identifies nursing care needs of patients; and plans, implements, and evaluates interventions appropriate to those needs;
· Develops and implements patient and family education programs;
· Assists in establishing patient care standards and tracks the performance of nursing staff in the assigned area;
· Participates in the development of clinic policies, procedures, and protocols for patient care;
· Participates in nursing committee activities;
· Maintains current knowledge in Hematology/Oncology and ability to apply same in patient care; and
· Performs other related duties as required.
These are entrance requirements to the examination process and assure neither continuance in the process nor placement on an eligible list.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE
Requires three (3) years of full-time professional registered nursing experience, including two (2) years of full-time experience in an Oncology/Infusion Center.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Must possess and maintain a current, valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of California.
· Must have a current, valid Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) certification by first day of employment.
· Must be willing and able to obtain a Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certification and an Oncology Nurse Certification within one (1) year of hire, if not possessed already.
· Depending upon area of assignment, additional specialty experience and/or certification(s) may be required.
· Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certification
· Oncology Nurse Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Comprehensive knowledge of: the principles, practices, and techniques used in Oncology and Infusion nursing care at specialty. Working knowledge of: patient and staff educational methods; quality assurance processes; nursing committee activities; and clinic administrative functions.
Working ability to: provide direction and serve as a resource to others; complete required continuing education programs; work proficiently in emergency and/or stressful situations; maintain confidentiality of patient/client information; and effectively maintain a positive working relationship with the medical staff, public, patients, and hospital administration; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
FINAL FILING DATE: This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time; therefore, apply as soon as possible if you are interested. Your application must be received by County of Ventura Human Resources in Ventura, California, no later than 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
To apply on-line, please refer to our web site at www.ventura.org/hr. If you prefer to fill out a paper application form, please call (805) 654-5129 for application materials. Our address is: County of Ventura, Human Resources Division, 800 S. Victoria Ave., Loc. # 1970, Ventura, CA 93009.
Note to Applicants: It is essential that you complete all sections of your application and supplemental questionnaire thoroughly and accurately to demonstrate your qualifications. A resume and/or other related documents may be attached to supplement the information in your application and supplemental questionnaire; however, it/they may not be submitted in lieu of the application.
Information for Transfer Candidates
NOTE: If presently permanently employed in another "merit" or "civil service" public agency/entity in the same or substantively similar position as is advertised, and if appointed to that position by successful performance in a "merit" or "civil service" style examination, then appointment by "Lateral Transfer" may be possible. If interested, please click here (Download PDF reader) for additional information.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE – qualifying: All applicants are required to complete and submit the questionnaire for this examination at the time of filing. The supplemental questionnaire may be used throughout the examination process to assist in determining each applicant's qualifications and acceptability for the position. Failure to complete and submit the questionnaire will result in the application being removed from consideration.
APPLICATION EVALUATION - Pass/Fail: An application evaluation will be conducted to determine whether or not each applicant possesses the required licensure and certification for this recruitment. Those candidates who do will be placed on the eligible list.
Candidates successfully completing the examination process may be placed on an eligible list for a period of one (1) year.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: A thorough pre-employment, post offer background investigation which may include inquiry into past employment, education, criminal background information, and driving record may be required for this position.
For more information about this recruitment, please contact Erin Niemi by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at (805) 654-2568.