$97,540.81 - $136,557.14 Annually, plus Benefits
Under general direction, plans, organizes and directs the fiscal activities and operations in the Treasury division of the Office of the Treasurer-Tax Collector; participates in the development of fiscal goals, objectives, policies and procedures; analyzes the division's fiscal data requirements and directs the development and implementation of systems and procedures to meet those requirements; directly and through subordinate staff, selects, trains, and supervises supervisory, professional, technical, and clerical accounting staff; coordinates assigned activities with agencies, departments, divisions, and outside agencies; and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to higher level management and executive staff.
Manager, Accounting- Treasurer Tax Collector
October 03, 2022
Continuous and may close at any time; therefore, the schedule for the remainder of the process will depend upon when we receive a sufficient number of qualified applications to meet business needs. It is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible.
Applications will be reviewed weekly beginning October 17, 2022, to determine if the stated requirements are met.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE:
Extensive education and experience which has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
An example of qualifying education and experience includes:
Bachelor's degree with at least eighteen (18) semester units of college-level accounting coursework, including one (1) semester of Managerial Accounting and one additional upper division business related course, PLUS:
Five (5) years of progressively responsible professional accounting, auditing, banking or treasury experience of which four (4) years must be at a supervisory or management level with responsibilities for fiscal operations, program development or project management; OR two (2) years as a Manager, Accounting II for the County of Ventura.
A Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) degree, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation, or a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification may be substituted for one (1) year of professional accounting/auditing experience for a maximum substitution limit of one (1) year experience.
Verification of the required college degree and eighteen (18) semester units of college-level accounting coursework, including one (1) semester of Managerial Accounting and one (1) additional upper division business related course is required:
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT(S):
- Submit your college transcripts/grade reports from an accredited college or university which shows your name, the conferred date of your degree and the major area of study; attach education verification documents to your online application.
- Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- If you need additional time to submit transcripts, contact the analyst conducting the recruitment for an extension at Liz.Gonzalez@ventura.org.
- Degree(s) from a foreign institution require an academic credential evaluation to determine the U.S. equivalency.
- If the name on this documentation is different from the name on your application, include documents that show the name change (e.g., a marriage certificate).
- Management and supervision experience in treasury, accounting, banking, fiscal administration, or cash management.
- Experience in financial accounting using GAAP in a government or business sector environment.
- Verification of accounting coursework completed is required.
- Must possess a valid California driver license by time of hire.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Treasury or banking experience
- Public fund investing experience
To apply on-line, please refer to our web site at www.ventura.org/jobs
. If you prefer to fill out a paper application form, please call (805) 654-5129 for application materials and submit them to County of Ventura Human Resources, 800 South Victoria Avenue, L-1970, Ventura, CA 93009.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS:
It is essential that you complete all sections of your application and supplemental questionnaire thoroughly and accurately to demonstrate your qualifications. A resume and/or other related documents may be attached to supplement the information in your application and supplemental questionnaire; however, it/they may not be submitted in lieu of the application.
The selection process will likely consist of an Oral Exam, which may be preceded by or replaced with the score from a Training and Experience Evaluation (T&E), contingent upon the size and quality of the candidate pool. In a typical T&E, your training and experience are evaluated in relation to the background, experience and factors identified for successful job performance during a job analysis. For this reason, it is recommended that your application materials clearly show your relevant background and specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities. It is also highly recommended that the supplemental questions within the application are completed with care and diligence. Responses such as "See Resume" or "Refer to Resume" are not acceptable and may disqualify an applicant from further evaluation.
For further information regarding this recruitment, please, contact Liz Gonzalez by email at Liz.Gonzalez@ventura.org or by telephone at (805) 654-3611.