Riverside has parted ways with City Manager John Russo following a split vote by the city council Tuesday night.
Monthly Salary Range: $3,296- $4,210
Bargaining Unit: Local One
The Contra Costa County Library is seeking to fill one Senior Library Literacy Assistant part-time (32-hour) position. This position will split time between the Brentwood and Antioch libraries in California. The Library is looking for an energetic, creative, responsible, experienced teacher or tutor who is committed to helping adults improve their basic literacy skills. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for planning and implementing tutor training, assessing the instructional needs of students, developing and implementing special events and projects, and creating partnerships with school and community agencies.
The individual appointed to this position must possess the ability to manage volunteer and student groups effectively and tactfully, develop and manage projects, assess reading ability and recommend curriculum, coordinate special events, speak well in public, and direct the work of others. Teaching experience is highly desirable. Successful candidates must be available to work at least two nights a week and approximately 13 Saturdays a year.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
· Excellent teamwork and volunteer management skills
· Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment
· Maintain collaborative relationships with community groups and actively participate with local groups to share literacy resources and promote the library
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information to the public
· Demonstrated dependability, excellent attendance and punctuality
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
· Basic office skills which include: business writing, spelling, and accuracy
· Relevant office/computer skills to use a variety of equipment such as computers, fax, copy machines and software programs
Read the complete job description at www.cccounty.us/hr. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for one year.
TENTATIVE EXAM DATES
Tentative Training and Experience Exam: May 9, 2018
License Required: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator's License. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator’s license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in education, speech pathology and audiology, psychology, library science, communications, humanities, social science, business, or behavioral science field.
Experience: One year of full-time experience or its equivalent in a literacy program or as a certificated teacher.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for required education on a year for year basis up to a maximum of four years.
1. Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date.
2. Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
3. Training and Experience Evaluation: The examination will consist of an evaluation of each candidate’s relevant education, training and/or experience as presented on the application and supplemental questionnaire. (Weighted 100%)
4. Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list.
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.
The City of La Verne is grappling with a pair of lawsuits brought by members of its fire department that have exposed deep divisions and opened the struggling city up to further financial hardship.
We’ve lost count of the number of government officials were left red-faced (or worse) as a result of what they thought was just an innocent tweet.