Region: Ventura County
Job Type: Full-Time
Close Date: Until filled
Salary: $46.47-$69.70 Hourly
2100 Thousand Oaks Boulevard Thousand Oaks, 91362
- Work in a supportive environment and collaborate across all City Departments
- Innovation and creative solutions are encouraged when problem-solving
- Opportunities to expand your financial and technical knowledge
Our Finance Department has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst to join its team! We are seeking a collaborative individual who demonstrates the ability to be innovative and proactive to focus on supporting the City’s budget functions, financial reporting, and capital asset management.
The Senior Financial Analyst should have demonstrated skills in the areas of project management, teamwork, ﬁnancial analysis, financial systems, and the ability to independently meet deadlines.
- Assist with the planning, organizing, and preparation of the City’s Operating and Capital Improvement Budgets
- Oversee the management of the City’s capital assets
- Assist City departments with the administration of their budgets and capital asset needs
- Prepare clear and concise administrative and ﬁnancial reports
- Research, analyze, and evaluate new reporting and service delivery methods and techniques
- Assist with the testing and implementation of new and upgraded financial systems and lead staff trainings on new systems/processes
Job Video Link URL:
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Ability to independently and accurately perform difficult ﬁnancial analysis functions
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively and independently
- Ability to identify opportunities, recommend solutions, implement new processes and procedures, and effectively manage change
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects with strict deadlines and frequent interruptions
- Effective communication skills including writing and editing staff reports, and conducting presentations internally and externally
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a collaborative manner
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public or business administration, ﬁnance, or a related ﬁeld
- Five years of progressively responsible ﬁnancial analyses experience, preferably in a governmental agency
- A valid class C California driver’s license is required
- Effective Communicator
- Strategic Thinker
- Team Builder
- Problem Solver and Decision Maker
- Planner and Organizer
- Technically Knowledgeable
The City of Thousand Oaks offers excellent benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension Retirement Plan, 401(a), Retirement Health Savings Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and more. Click here for more information.
FILING DEADLINE: Open until filled. First review date: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
Applications and supplemental questions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and candidates are encouraged to apply by Wednesday, October 4, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. Please note, that the recruitment may close without notice at any time after the first review date.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE - Applicants are required to complete the Supplemental Questionnaire. This will be used throughout the process to assist in determining each applicant's qualifications for the position.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION - The City of Thousand Oaks makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities to participate in the selection process. If you wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in the selection process, you must inform the Human Resources Department in writing no later than the final filing date. Applicants requesting an accommodation should document the request including the type and extent of accommodations requested to participate in the selection process and/or perform the duties of the job for which applied.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE - In order to qualify for Veteran’s Preference a Form DD214, or other acceptable proof of service, must be submitted by the deadline date/time noted in the job announcement. Any veteran who has successfully completed all phases of a selection process for employment with the City shall be granted a final interview regardless of his or her ranking on the eligibility list, providing he/she meets the criteria for an eligible veteran.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.