The State Controller’s Office has released public pay data for some 2 million positions in California for 2018.
Exam Number: 3AGH-2018B
Monthly Salary Range: $$6,350 - $8,109
Bargaining Unit: Local 21 - Supervisory Management
The Contra Costa County Library Department is recruiting individuals for the role of Senior Community Library Manager. This is an excellent career opportunity for innovative library professionals with a strong sense of leadership and a commitment to excellence. The Library Department has an immediate need to fill one (1) Senior Community Library Manager vacancy located in East Contra Costa County.
Under the direction of the Deputy County Librarian, the Senior Community Library Manager plans, organizes, directs, and supervises the activities of one or more assigned county community libraries; and performs other related work as required. This classification is responsible for the day-to-day administration and operation of one or more full-service county community libraries. A Senior Community Library Manager applies individual judgment and influence to manage human, financial, and physical resources in a community library and supervises the activities of professional, technical, and/or clerical level positions involved in library support and service activities.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
· Leads with flexibility and adaptability
· Builds flexible and cohesive teams
· Orients toward strong customer service
· Understands the needs of the employees, patrons, and communities
· Leads, trains, coaches, and inspire staff
· Listens, networks, and maintains open lines of communications
· Presents and writes with strength
· Keeps up and maintains curiosity about new trends in the field
To read the complete job description, please visit the website, www.cccounty.us/hr. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for one year.
TENTATIVE EXAM DATES
Tentative Training & Experience Evaluation: January 3, 2019
Education: Possession of a Master of Library Science degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association, or equivalent curriculum.
Three (3) years of full-time equivalent professional/supervisory public library experience, which must have included experience as a Community/Branch Library Manager in a public library,
Four (4) years full-time equivalent experience working in a library which may include two (2) years as support staff, technician or paraprofessional, and at least two (2) years in a professional/supervisory capacity.
1. Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date. A completed Supplemental Questionnaire is required at the time of applying.
2. Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
3. Training and Experience Evaluation: Consists of an evaluation of each candidate’s relevant education, training and/or experience as presented on the application and supplemental questionnaire. Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list. (Weighted 100%)
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.
A year and a half after President Trump signed it into law, CNN has taken an in-depth look at one of the more interesting provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act — that is, the creation of so-calle