Union City Police Chief Darryl McAllister will step down Friday after five years on the job.
Monthly Salary Range: $ 6,165 - $ 7,873
Bargaining Unit: Local 21 - Supervisory Management
The Contra Costa County Library Department is recruiting to fill one (1) Senior Community Library Manager vacancy located in East Contra Costa County. This is an excellent career opportunity for innovative library professionals with a strong sense of leadership and a commitment to excellence.
Under the direction of the Deputy County Librarian, the Senior Community Library Manager plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of an assigned county community library or libraries; and perform other related work as required. This classification is responsible for the day-to-day administration and operation of a full-service county community library. A Senior Community Library Manager applies individual judgment and influence to manage human, financial and physical resources in a community library and supervises the activities of professional, technical and/or clerical level positions involved in library support and service activities.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
· A facilitative leader who is open to change and can be flexible, who can build a productive and cohesive team
· Ability to demonstrate a strong customer service orientation, who can understand the needs of employees, patrons and communities
· Effective supervisory experience including the ability to lead, train, coach and inspire staff
· Willingness to listen, network with others, maintain open lines of communication, and have strong presentation and writing skills
· Ability to keep up with new trends and foster curiosity in the field
To read the complete job description, please visit the website, www.cccounty.us/hr. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six months.
TENTATIVE EXAM DATES
Tentative Training & Experience Evaluation: April 12, 2018
Education: Possession of a Master of Library Science degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association, or equivalent curriculum.
Experience: Three (3) years of full-time equivalent professional/supervisory public library experience, which must have included experience as a Community/Branch Library Manager in a public library,
Four (4) years full-time equivalent experience working in a library which may include two (2) years as support staff, technician or paraprofessional, and at least two (2) years in a professional/supervisory capacity.
1. Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date. A completed Supplemental Questionnaire is required at the time of applying.
2. Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
3. Training and Experience Evaluation: Consists of an evaluation of each candidate’s relevant education, training and/or experience as presented on the application and supplemental questionnaire. Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list. (Weighted 100%)
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.
If the November elections proved one thing, it’s that voters across L.A. County are still willing to open their wallets for the promise of better services, infrastructure, and schools.
The former police chief and a police captain for the City of Fullerton are now facing criminal charges for allegedly attacking two paramedics at a Lady Antebellum concert in August.
Strategic Shift Expands Presence to All 50 States and Canada