We have an excellent opportunity in the Facilities Division of the City of Thousand Oaks!
Are you a skilled and experienced building maintenance technician looking for a new challenge? The City of Thousand Oaks has the perfect opportunity for a customer-focused, accountable, and results-oriented individual. We are currently seeking a Senior Building Maintenance technician to play a vital role in the construction, alteration, maintenance and repair of the City’s building, facilities, and equipment.
Why choose us?
- Continual Learning: This position offers an excellent opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge in the field of building maintenance while learning City procedures, and specific techniques.
- Collaborative Environment: Join a supportive and collaborative team, working together to achieve common goals and make a difference.
- Impactful Work: Take pride in preserving and improving the spaces where people work by maintaining a safe, comfortable, and healthy environment.
- Perform repair and maintenance of City buildings, facilities, and grounds (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, remodeling, painting, and a variety of craft work)
- Inspect and perform necessary repairs at assigned facilities for compliance with safety standards; ensure adherence to safe work practices and procedures
- Coordinate and oversee assigned projects; interface with contractors and building inspectors; coordinate completion of work with a variety of departments with minimal disruption of City operations
- Install and repair piping for water and air conditioning lines
- Perform rough and finish carpentry for signs, decks, fences, gates, and related items; operate hand, power, and shop tools
- Perform electrical repairs (replacing outlets, switches, lighting, and ballasts)
- Build and repair interior cabinetry (counters, cabinets, and shelves)
- Refinish furniture including stripping, staining, and varnishing
- Paint interior and exterior surfaces, equipment, and buildings; operate spray equipment and manual tools
- Perform concrete repairs; set rebar, pour, and finish concrete
- Install and repair flooring, baseboards, hardware, locks, and doors
- Complete routine documentation such as work orders, timesheets, credit card documentation, and incident reports
- Responds to emergency calls as necessary, including those after hours; responds and performs assigned duties in the event of a City declared emergency.
Job Video Link URL:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of safe work practices required to operate and maintain specialized tools and equipment
- Experience with water and wastewater supply and drainage, including galvanized, copper, and PVC piping, HVAC maintenance and repairs, and facilities-related electrical repairs
- Proficiency with operating standard office equipment including computers and software applications and reading and interpreting manuals, specifications, drawings, and blueprints
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years of responsible building maintenance, repair, and construction experience, including 2+ years of experience comparable to a building Maintenance Technician II with the City of Thousand Oaks
- A Building Operator certification from Northwest Energy Efficiency Council is desirable
- A general contractor license is desirable
- Ability to lift, carry and push tools, equipment and supplies weighing 25 pounds or more
- Pride in your personal work product, demonstrated initiative, safety conscious
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A valid Class C California driver’s license