We are seeking a detail oriented and collaborative individual to conduct a variety of accounting duties with competence and professionalism. The Senior Accountant is the advanced journey level responsible for completion of the more complex and technical accounting work and supervision of staff. The Accountant is responsible for a variety of professional level finance/accounting duties.
Primary responsibilities may include:
- Compile annual financial statements including Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and State Controller reports
- Perform accounting for grants and other special revenue funds
- Perform accounting for capital projects
- Assist in the development of revenue/expenditure budgets for City funds, including enterprise funds
- Perform accounting and compile reports for the former Redevelopment Agency
- Prepare forecasts and formulate strategic financial recommendations
- Assist with the bi-weekly payroll process
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Senior Accountant - Five or more years of progressively responsible professional accounting experience; governmental agency experience and previous supervisory experience is highly desired
- Accountant – Two or more years of progressively responsible professional accounting experience
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Demonstrated ability to prepare clear, concise and comprehensive financial statements, reports and written materials
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement financial procedures and controls
- Ability to understand, interpret, explain and apply federal, state, and local policies, laws, and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in accounting, finance, business administration or a closely related
- Strategic Thinker
- Problem Solver and Decision Maker
- Planner and Organizer
- Effective Communicator
- Team Builder
- Technically Knowledgeable
The City provides excellent benefits. Please view benefits on our City website at www.toaks.org
- The City of Thousand Oaks makes reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to participate in the selection process. If you wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in the selection process, you must inform the Human Resources Department in writing no later than the final filing date. Applicants requesting an accommodation should document the request including the type and extent of accommodations requested to participate in the selection process and/or perform the duties of the job for which applied.
- In order to qualify for Veteran’s Preference a Form DD214, or other acceptable proof of service, must be submitted by the deadline date/time noted in the job announcement. Any veteran who has successfully completed all phases of a selection process for employment with the City shall be granted a final interview regardless of his or her ranking on the eligibility list, providing he/she meets the criteria for an eligible veteran.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.
Contact phone: (805)449-2144
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org