After 12 years, Long Beach City Manager Patrick H. West is hanging up his hat.
The City of Port Hueneme is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Recreation and Ocean Safety Supervisor. The primary focus of this new position is to coordinate and supervise designated ocean safety programs (lifeguard rescue operations and the Junior Lifeguard Program), in addition to specialized recreational, social, senior or youth services programs, activities and events. The Recreation and Ocean Safety Supervisor schedules, trains and supervises the work of assigned staff – full, part-time and/or
temporary/seasonal support staff and/or volunteers. The position also performs a variety of administrative functions for assigned program areas and in support of the Recreation and Community Services Manager.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Have supervisory and management skills to select, appoint, coach, develop, and evaluate staff.
• Have a strong ethical framework and strives to uphold the public safety and trust while improving accountability, customer service, and efficiency.
• Have demonstrated creativity and experience developing, managing, and coordinating recreation/leisure programs for the public.
• Have demonstrated experience coordinating and overseeing a community beach and ocean safety program which maintains a balance of services and public safety; and also includes oversight of a lifeguard program.
• Have demonstrated experience leading a team in providing excellent customer service.
• Have experience working in public safety or emergency services.
• Have demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships.
• Be able to resolve conflicts and participant disputes.
• Make to make confident, prompt decisions, independent of direct supervision.
• Be able to maintain a calm clear head in an emergency and respond accordingly.
Communicate effectively, tactfully and positively in both oral and written forms.
Experience and Training - A combination of education, training and experience equivalent to completion of some college courses related to public administration, business management, recreation, ocean water safety, public safety or emergency services and three years progressively responsible experience coordinating and managing ongoing programs in recreation, ocean water safety, public safety or emergency services OR in lieu of college coursework, a total of four (4) years of experience as described above. Must have at least two years of experience supervising staff. Ability to speak Spanish is desirable.
License - Possession of a valid California Class C driver's license is required.
Materials must be complete and clearly indicate the candidate meets the minimum qualifications. All statements made on the application, resume, and supplemental materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for immediate disqualification, removal from eligibility list or discharge from employment. Please follow the link to apply;
The deadline to apply is February 24, 2019, at 11:59 PM PST.
Incomplete, late, emailed, and faxed applications are not accepted. Resumes are not considered in lieu of the required online system employment application. All certificates, resumes, and typing certificates must be uploaded with your application through the City's online application system.
The City of Port Hueneme is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Santa Clara County and San Francisco filed a lawsuit last week against the Trump administration over a new policy that could stymie legal immigration by those receiving public assistance and discou
CaliforniaCityNews has a special message for you from Matt Winefield, an engineer and businessman who has been supporting the redevelopment of contaminated properties since 1989.