$78,852 - $102,886 (plus excellent benefits)
Full-time Permanent Position (subject to probation)
Friday, September 3, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Under general direction, provides a full range of highly complex staff assistance as well as administrative and analytical support to the Public Safety Manager; serves as liaison between the City’s Public Safety Office and the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department to address safety concerns in the community; coordinates the efforts of law enforcement and the City’s homeless outreach workers to address safety concerns related to people experiencing homelessness; serves as a liaison to the general public, City staff, appointed boards and committees, community organizations, and other governmental agencies seeking interaction with the City’s Public Safety Program; and develops, organizes and presents on the City’s homelessness and community safety programs, and performs related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Has work experience implementing programs to address homelessness and community safety, as well as public safety outreach, communication, and response functions
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations that pertain to homelessness and public safety programs
- Has strong project management, writing and presentation skills, and the ability to adapt quickly and develop creative strategies to address complex and sensitive issues
- Is a highly organized team player skilled in coordinating with public agencies particularly law enforcement departments, city code enforcement and community organizations
- Has strong public speaking and interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with partner agencies, neighborhoods, and community organizations
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, or related field and three to five (3–5) years of increasingly responsible experience in public safety or homelessness programs within a local government environment is preferred; a minimum of five to ten (5-10) years of professional experience with a government agency or non-profit working with community members is required.
License: Must possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver License and have a satisfactory driving record.
Applicants must submit a completed online City Employment Application and Resume by the filing deadline. Visit MalibuCity.org/jobs
for more information about this position and to apply online. If you have questions or need special accommodations with the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources department at (310) 456-2489 ext. 488. The City of Malibu is an equal opportunity employer.