The County of Yolo is recruiting to fill one (1) regular, full-time position in the class of Public Information Officer (PIO) at the County Administrator's Office. The County Administrator's Office implements the policies and strategic plan of the county organization, as set by the Board of Supervisors, and provides executive management for the County departments and agencies. For additional info, see County Administrator | Yolo County
The role of the Public Information Officer
is to manage the County’s communications with the public through press releases, social media, videos, live media and the County website. The PIO informs and engages the community and other stakeholders regarding County activities, services, and strategies. The PIO also functions as the County Spokesperson which requires knowledge of County programs and policies. As a member of the County Emergency Operations Center personnel, the PIO also acts in a lead capacity in disseminating information during an emergency.
The Ideal Candidate
- is an experienced, dedicated, innovative, and proactive media relations professional who possesses outstanding team-leading skills, high integrity, solid ethical standards, and can exercise appropriate independent judgment.
- understands the dynamics of County government and is exceptional in the art of articulating messages to the community through all available outlets.
- enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is able to respond quickly and thoroughly to Yolo County’s communications/information needs.
- has strong public speaking and interpersonal communication skills.
- is highly collaborative and successful at cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships with their teams, the community, media outlets, and other agencies.
- leads by example and delivers outstanding customer service with compassion and empathy at all times.
- has experience working in multilingual communities.
: $96,825 - $117,692 Annually
To view the full Public Information Officer job description, click here
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university and
three (3) years of public relations and/or communications media experience which may include public communications, public relations, marketing, branding, outreach and/or developing, writing or producing materials for use in print and electronic media.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online County of Yolo Employment Application, resume, verification of education, and responses to the supplemental questions here