Seeking experienced Probation Officers to come work in beautiful Sonoma County!
Starting salary up to $39.88/Hour* ($83,234/Year)
Please Note: This is not an entry-level position. This recruitment is being conducted for the purpose of accepting applications from experienced, Probation Officer candidates.
What makes Sonoma County a great choice
In addition to generous starting pay, expansive opportunities for growth and development, being part of a challenging and rewarding work environment that offers continuous training and education, you can look forward to some excellent benefits*, including:
• A cash allowance of approximately $600 per month
• An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $850
• Competitive vacation accruals, 11 holidays per year, and accommodating sick leave accruals
• Significant County paid premium contribution to several health plan options
• County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
*Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice.
When you join the County of Sonoma, you'll also have the freedom to explore the beauty of our county; with its picturesque coastline, majestic redwoods, historic towns, fine dining, award winning wineries, and a wide variety of entertainment and cultural activities. Please visit www.sonomacountyconnections.org and www.santarosachamber.com
for additional information about the community.
For more information about Sonoma County Probation Department, visit: www.sonoma-county.org/probation
Being a Probation Officer III
The Probation Department currently has opportunities for individuals with experience working on higher risk and more complex Probation cases. Probation Officers with excellent written and oral communication skills, experience presenting oral and written reports before Courts, and working knowledge of evidence-based principles and practices in Juvenile Justice, Probation, and Community Corrections are highly desired.
Probation Officer III's are responsible for:
• Investigating and preparing recommendations to the courts on probation cases involving adults and juveniles
• Supporting the training and coaching of subordinates and new employees
• Performing in specialized assignments or programs such as complex felony investigations, court officer, intake, placement, or other assignments which require advising or coordinating efforts of other Probation Officers in specialty areas
• Working intensive supervision cases requiring a greater degree of case management skill and independence
This recruitment is open continuously and may close at any time without notice. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted. For more information, minimum qualifications, & to apply online, please visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. EOE Apply Now