Folsom has hired a new Community Development Director. Pam Johns, Associate Vice President of global planning engineering firm Michael Baker International, will take over September 6.
The City of Palm Desert is seeking an organized professional to perform a variety of responsible and complex administrative and analytical duties to support the Director of Community Development. Duties may include complex research of new programs and services, budget analysis and preparation, feasibility analyses, preparation and presentation of reports, as well as preparation and presentation of staff reports to Council and other Boards and Commissions.
This Management Analyst will be responsible for the Parks & Recreation programs, and will also represent the City’s interest as the liaison with partner agencies providing recreation programs for Aquatic Center and City Parks. The position will also work closely with Public Works to ensure maintenance of the park facilities, including hiking and bike trails. The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, as well as the customer service skills to coordinate and collaborate with other departments, outside agencies, community groups and other social organizations.
· Principles and practices of public administration
· Methods of research, program analysis, and report preparation
· Principles and procedures of financial record keeping and reporting
· Principles and practices of program development
· Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations
· Learn operations, services, and activities of assigned area
· Learn principals and practices of budget administration
· Interpret, apply and explain policies and procedures of assigned area
· Research, analyze, and evaluate programs, policies and procedures
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Experience: Two years of responsible administrative and analytical experience. Experience in Parks and Recreation highly desirable.
Education: The equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, business administration or a related field.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license is required.
Please visit www.cityofpalmdesert.org for additional details.