We still don’t know what prompted Indio City Manager Dan Martinez’s sudden resignation earlier this mo
PARSAC is searching for a team oriented, customer driven, highly flexible, pro-active and responsive loss control professional/risk analyst to perform complex and varied technical and professional work to include: investigating claims, analyzing contracts for fiscal exposure, implementing loss control mechanisms and risk reduction techniques, conducting research and analysis, developing training and policy and procedures, reviewing contracts for risk transfer and assisting in developing funding formulas.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in public or business administration or a related field, including coursework in risk management and technical insurance administration and three years of increasingly responsible professional experience, preferably in insurance and risk management programs or in a public agency.
Must possess a valid California Driver’s license and maintain a satisfactory driving record. Possession of, or ability to obtain within twelve (12) months, professional certification (i.e., ARM, ARM-P, CSP, AIC or ALCM).
Salary Range: $90,426—$117,553
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Principles and practices of risk management , loss prevention, and insurance claims administration.
· Principles and practices of municipal operations, general liability and workers’ compensation and loss prevention.
· Organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis, evaluation, development and implementation of programs, policies, and procedures.
· Applicable federal, state and local laws, regulatory codes, ordinances, and procedures relevant to assigned area of responsibility.
· Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively adapting to and balancing the diverse needs of members, vendors, contractors and the public.
· Use tact, initiative, prudence and independent judgment within the general policy, procedural and legal guidelines in politically sensitive situations.
· Establish, maintain and foster positive and effective working relationships.
·Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Just a few months ago, Santa Ana’s police chief Carlos Rojas announced he was leaving to become head of BART’s police.