City News Service reports that Redondo Beach Mayor Bill Brand has been
Monthly Salary Range: $5,296 - $6,764
4% Cost of Living Adjustment effective July 1, 2019
Bargaining Unit: Local One
Are you a highly specialized library professional seeking a new opportunity to make the most out of your career? Then this is an opportunity you will not want to miss! There is one Librarian Specialist opening for a dedicated, innovative, and highly skilled professional splitting their time between the Orin Allen Youth Rehabilitation Facility and John A. Davis Juvenile Hall. The individual selected will play a vital lead role in providing high quality library services in a secure environment working with a unique and special population of enthusiastic young adults. This is a rare and rewarding opportunity to work with at-risk youth in a Juvenile Detention Facility. You will be in a position that has a distinct and positive influence on youth, many of whom have never been exposed to libraries or reading for pleasure.
The list created from this examination may also be used to fill other Librarian Specialist vacancies if they arise. Join Contra Costa County Library in its mission to inspire the citizens of the County to work together, spark imagination, fuel potential, and bring people and ideas together.
This job is for you if you are:
• A professional who inspires an environment of creativity, innovation, and openness to new ideas, welcoming input to develop the highest quality output
• An individual who loves reading and developing Library programming for teens
• One who has a passion for educational technology and the latest trends and developments in the Library field
• An enthusiastic, self-motivated, lifelong learner
To read the complete job description, please visit the website, www.cccounty.us/hr. The eligible list established from this recruitment will remain in effect for one year.
License Required: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator's License. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator’s license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from a school of librarianship accredited by the American Library Association.
Experience: Two (2) years of full-time or its equivalent professional library experience.
1. Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date.
2. Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
3. Training and Experience Evaluation: Consists of an evaluation of each candidate’s relevant education, training and/or experience as presented on the application and supplemental questionnaire. (Weighted 100%)
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices. As part of the application process, an applicant may be required to complete a Conviction History form. The Conviction History form should only be submitted when requested.
A year and a half after President Trump signed it into law, CNN has taken an in-depth look at one of the more interesting provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act — that is, the creation of so-calle