San Francisco Board of Supervisors President London Breed has become the first African American woman elected to serve as mayor of San Francisco.
Monthly Salary Range: $5,041 - $6,438
Bargaining Unit: Local One
Are you a highly specialized library professional seeking a new opportunity to make the most out of your career? Then this is an opportunity you won't want to miss! There is one Librarian Specialist opening for a dedicated, innovative, and highly skilled professional splitting their time between the San Ramon Library in San Ramon with a focus on Adult Services onsite and the Library Administration Office in Martinez with a focus on Adult Services countywide. Join Contra Costa County Library in its mission to inspire the citizens of the county to work together, spark imagination, fuel potential, and connect people with ideas and each other!
This job is for you if you are:
• A leader who instills enthusiasm in others by making them feel that they are important members of a team
• One who fosters an environment of creativity, innovation, and openness to new ideas, welcoming and encouraging input from others to create consensus
• An individual who loves reading and developing Library programming for adults
• One who has a passion for educational technology and the latest trends and developments in the Library field
• An enthusiastic, self-motivated, lifelong learner
To read the complete job description, please visit the website, www.cccounty.us/hr. The eligible list established from this recruitment will remain in effect for six months.
Written Exam: July 19, 2017 or July 20, 2017
License Required: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator's License. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator's license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a Master's degree in Library and Information Science from a school of librarianship accredited by the American Library Association.
Experience: Two (2) years of full-time or its equivalent professional library experience.
1. Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date.
2. Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
3. Written Examination: A writing proficiency examination will be administered to all accepted candidates who will be required to write essays on specific topics which will be evaluated on the basis of content, grammar, mechanics, word usage, sentence structure, organization, development and clarity. Candidates must receive a score of 70 which may be an adjusted score, in order to continue in the exam process. (Weighted 100%)
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices. As part of the application process, an applicant may be required to complete a Conviction History form. The Conviction History form should only be submitted when requested.
From GV Wire:
Fresno Mayor Lee Brand is hoping to convince the state legislature not to move forward with a plan to change California’s laws on taxing online retailers.
The California Big 11 Mayors – an association of the 11 largest cities in California – announced Monday that the Governor and legislative leaders have r
We’ve lost count of the number of government officials were left red-faced (or worse) as a result of what they thought was just an innocent tweet.