Union City Police Chief Darryl McAllister will step down Friday after five years on the job.
Monthly Salary Range: $4,485 - $5,728
Bargaining Unit: Local One
Contra Costa County encourages interested candidates to consider this exceptional career opportunity with one of the Bay Area’s most progressive and respected libraries. Permanent full-time and part-time vacancies may be filled from the results of this examination. Initial assignments may be as a Youth Services Librarian, Adult/Teen Services Librarian, Collection Development Librarian, or Juvenile Hall Librarian.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
Partnering with community-based organizations and community groups to promote library services
Developing innovative programs to build literacy, further education, and foster a love of reading
Promoting our collections and reading through readers advisory, recommendation lists, blog entries, author talks, book discussions, and other innovative methods
Fostering digital literacy and providing age-appropriate technology instruction
Developing collections and the space itself, ensuring a safe and inviting area
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
· Passion for creating an environment that encourages patrons to follow their interests, discover new ones, learn from their peers, and embrace reading
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills
· Experience providing customer and reference service
· Ability to create and conduct innovative programs
To read the complete job description, please visit the website, www.cccounty.us/hr. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for one year.
TENTATIVE EXAM DATES
Tentative Written Exams: July 10, 2018 and July 11, 2018
License Required: Candidates must possess and maintain throughout the duration of employment a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator’s license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science, from a school of librarianship accredited by the American Library Association.
Experience: Two (2) years experience in a customer oriented environment.
1. Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date. A completed Supplemental Questionnaire is required at the time of applying.
2. Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
3. Written Examination: A writing proficiency examination will be administered to all accepted candidates who will be required to write essays on specific topics which will be evaluated on the basis of content, grammar, mechanics, word usage, sentence structure, organization, development and clarity. Candidates must receive a score of 70 which may be an adjusted score, in order to continue in the exam process. (Weighted 100%)
4. Candidates must receive a score of 70 which may be an adjusted score, in order to continue in the exam process.
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.
CLOSING DATE: June 18, 2018
If the November elections proved one thing, it’s that voters across L.A. County are still willing to open their wallets for the promise of better services, infrastructure, and schools.
The former police chief and a police captain for the City of Fullerton are now facing criminal charges for allegedly attacking two paramedics at a Lady Antebellum concert in August.
Strategic Shift Expands Presence to All 50 States and Canada