Employer: County of Ventura
Salary Range: $68,149.31 - $95,418.39 Annually
Closing Date: 9/06/19
Ventura County is located on California’s “Gold Coast,” approximately 35 miles northwest of Los Angeles and 20 miles southeast of Santa Barbara. Residents enjoy rolling hills and sweeping ocean views in a nearly perfect Mediterranean climate with an average annual temperature of 74 degrees. The beauty and weather combined with a wonderful quality of life are among the many reasons our residents choose to call Ventura County “home.”
The current vacancy is in the County Executive Office, Risk Management Division. Under supervision of the Deputy Executive Officer Risk Management, assists in the administration of the Liability Claims and Insurance program. The Liability Claims Risk Analyst is called upon to review, investigate, adjust, negotiate, represent the interests of the County and manage a case load of injury and property damage claims. The cases will be from entry to mid-level cases with the potential to learn and grow in to handling more complex cases within time.
Any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. A typical combination is completion of a Bachelor's degree and two (2) years' experience in insurance or risk management, insurance carrier, third party administrator or a self-insured organization.
Additional years of experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver license and be willing and able to travel throughout California
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform field investigations, including walking on uneven surfaces such as unimproved trails and in flood control channels, and able to climb ladders.
- Excellent written communication skills must be demonstrated in the completion of the employment application and supplemental questionnaire.
- The ability to make effective public presentations.
- Experience with automobile liability, general/casualty liability claims
- Experience managing litigated cases
- Possession of a professional designation
- Advanced computer technical skills for data analysis
For further information about this recruitment visit our website at https://hr.ventura.org/. For additional inquiries, email Jessica Ruiz at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805-654-2419.