The County of Santa Barbara seeks to fill an IT Programing Analyst I or Analyst II for the Social Services Department located in Santa Maria. This position will write queries, work in a SQL Server and Microsoft information technology environment, and uses programming languages to support and monitor information technology systems and services related to security, network, applications and infrastructure operations. This position will also make recommendations for automating systems, directing programmers, coders and equipment vendors, designing systems that optimize organization efficiencies, and monitoring and coordinating support activities related to systems and service performance. This is a great job for the right candidate who wants to support Social Services staff, dedicated to making a difference for those who live in Santa Barbara County.
For more information please see the complete recruitment announcement: https://wbrowncreative.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/IT-Programming-Analyst-Reporting-FINAL.pdf
THE JOB / THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
This position will operate in a SQL Server and Microsoft information technology environment. The ideal candidate will balance their IT technical savvy and emotional intelligence to build strong working relationships with technical and non-technical clients. The incumbent will share creative ideas, apply strong interpersonal communication skills, and be knowledgeable about industry standards and best practices.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience with mid to large size SQL/Oracle databases and understand the concepts of database applications and programming.
- Write queries and use programming language to support and monitor information technology systems and services related to security, network, applications and infrastructure operations.
- Make recommendations for automating systems.
- Direct programmers, coders and equipment vendors to ensure projects are properly executed in a timely manner and stay within budget.
- Design systems that optimize organization efficiencies.
- Monitor and coordinate support activities related to systems and service performance.
- Utilize Crystal Reports and Oracle Business Intelligence to effectively retrieve and communicate data.
- Work with non-technical people to understand their needs and match those needs with data sources.
- Analyze user’s report requests and translate requests into queries and reports.
- Produce and analyze daily, weekly and monthly data reports for multiple customers in the Department of Social Services.
- Demonstrate flexibility and time management skills to accommodate impromptu requests for immediate data and reporting needs, while effectively managing regular work.
- Have strong customer service orientation and support a strong customer service focused philosophy.
- Be a collaborative team player and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication and people skills.
- Be astute at learning new information, systems and software quickly.
- Be self-motivated, able to take ownership and learn from mistakes made, and move on quickly.
- Have strong information technology documentation skills to log queries and other information for current and future needs.
- Technical skills in some or all the following:
- Write queries
- SQL Server 2005
- Oracle 11G and above
- Visual Source Safe
- Asp.net (coding)
- PL/SQL – programming code
- Experience in a Social Services or Health and Human Service field.
- Knowledge of CalWIN (California Health and Human Services Agency Database).
- Intermediate with MS Office Suite applications; emphasis with MS Excel proficiency.
- BA or BS degree with emphasis in computer science, or information technology
- Certification in any of the following: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, Expert and/or Developer (MCSA, MCSE, MCSD)
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
·A California Class C Driver’s License is required for both classifications prior to appointment, and
IT Programming Analyst I
- Completion of 24 quarter/18 semester units of college-level courses in principles and methods of systems analysis, systems design, computer program design, computer programming using a language utilized by the hiring department and information system technology, and two years of experience writing business application programs; or,
- A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to the employment standard listed and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
IT Programming Analyst II
- Completion of 24 quarter/18 semester units of college-level courses in the principles and methods of systems analysis, systems design, computer program design, computer programming using a language utilized by the hiring department, and information system technology; and two years of increasingly responsible applications analysis experience for the type of business application and computer environments used by the hiring department; or,
- Two years of experience as an EDP Systems and Programming Analyst I with Santa Barbara County for the type of business application and computer environments used by the hiring department; or,
- A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to one of the employment standards listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
BENEFITS: The County of Santa Barbara offers a generous benefits package. See the link above to view benefits details.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply by June 4th by attaching your resume and cover letter (optional) to a County application at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sbcounty/jobs/2072016/it-programming-analyst-i-ii-reporting?keywords=programming&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
This is a short application process and should only take 15 minutes to complete.
- SAVE THE DATE: for projected interview dates to take place on, or about, June 11th, 12th and 13th
- Questions? Contact your recruiter, Wendi Brown at 541-664-0376, 866-929-WBCP (toll free), or email email@example.com.