The successful candidate will help guide the County’s Board of Supervisors and the Public Works Department in developing and implementing policies to manage the full spectrum of solid waste issues facing the County, including implementation of Senate Bill 1383.
The incoming Integrated Waste Manager will provide leadership that will facilitate exemplary services to residents in the unincorporated areas of San Joaquin County. The County is seeking a candidate who encourages innovation and a culture of constant improvement, while fostering the skillsets of a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the community we serve.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience developing strategic partnerships in a government setting and advance policies that support regional cooperation through teamwork and action-driven leadership.
CHARACTERISTICS SOUGHT INCLUDE:
- Demonstrated relational savvy with local government and non-governmental entities facilitating progress in strategic and practical ways.
- Advanced knowledge, experience, and strategic insights into the solid waste industry and current State regulations.
- Ability to manage and communicate on complex projects and to effectively solve problems.
- Provides an action-oriented approach to take the initiative on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, enthusiasm, and high energy.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments and align with organizational goals.
- Ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with others and build partnerships to meet shared objectives.
- Ability to assist division leaders in translating business strategies and objectives into attainable goals and plans that are aligned with the County's priorities and the goals and objectives of Public Works.
Click on our position posting link for full details about this outstanding opportunity.