HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
County of San Mateo
$83.60 - $104.48 / Hour
The Human Services Agency of the County of San Mateo is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Agency Assistant Director.
The Assistant Director of HSA will have the opportunity to:
* Direct day-to-day operations of major divisions of the Agency and maximize integration, effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery.
* Provide highly responsible administrative and management assistance to the Director in planning, organizing, directing and reviewing all functions and activities of the Agency.
* Act as liaison between the Director, program directors, department staff and outside agencies on administrative,organizational, legislative and policy issues.
* Plan, facilitate and coordinate implementation of special projects, including studies of new programs, strategicplanning, inter-agency activities, program evaluation and related projects.
* Develop short- and long-range plans, policies and priorities for the Agency.
* Monitor, analyze and advise senior management staff on the impact of state and federal legislation; make recommendations to state agency staff on desired alternatives.
* Assist in establishing Agency-wide budget and program priorities; assist in coordination of division budgets.
* Consult and cooperate with other division managers on all aspects of services; discuss organization and programproblems, develop alternatives and strategies for dealing with problems; and assist in implementation of solutions, as necessary.
* Direct and participate in the preparation of reports mandated by federal, state and local agencies.
* Train, supervise and evaluate managerial and technical staff.
* Act as the Director in his/her absence.
* Perform related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate:
* Has excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to understand and speak to the concerns of other stakeholders and partners
* Has a deep understanding of facilitation and organizational behavior
* Has extensive knowledge of and relationships with staff members in the Human Services Agency and its external partners, or the abilities and experience needed to establish the same
* Has demonstrated success in organizing complex projects with multiple tasks, deadlines, and partners and delivering such projects on time
* Has knowledge of emerging trends in service delivery for the intersecting issues of homelessness, health and housing
A typical way to qualify is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in social welfare, public administration, business administration or a related discipline, along with 3 years of progressively responsible experience as a deputy director or director in a public social services agency.
Final Filing Date: March 5, 2020
To view the brochure for this recruitment please follow this link: https://jobs.smcgov.org/asstdirhsa-020620/
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please complete the required sections of the online application and attach your cover letter, resume and answers to the supplemental questions online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmateo/jobs/2703313/human-services-agency-assistant-director-open-and-promotional