Experience: 1-5 years
Degree: 4 Year Degree
$70,241.60 - $138,819.20/ year
The present vacancy resides within the HR and Business Partner Services Unit of the Human Resources Division of the County Executive Office. We are seeking a collaborative, analytical, and creative candidate who will be committed to performing highly complex professional-level human resources work related to the following:
- Recruitment (including nationwide Executive Recruitment)
- Test Development and Validation
- Classification and Compensation
- Administrative Investigations
- Training and Development
The Ideal Candidate: While experience performing functions 1 to 5 listed above is ideal, there is an opportunity to tailor the position to the strengths and interests of the selected candidate. Ideal candidates will possess the following competencies:
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Valuing Diversity & Inclusion
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Attention to Detail
- Professional Impact
- Relationship Building
- Using Technology
- Professional/Technical Expertise
- Managing Performance
- Oral Communication
- Project Management
The ideal candidate will possess significant professional-level human resources experience in a public-sector environment and a graduate degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field.
Personnel Analyst I/II/III
HR Business Partner I (Personnel Analyst I): $70,232.16 - $98,334.66 Annually
HR Business Partner II (Personnel Analyst II): $80,405.97 - $112,579.40 Annually
Senior HR Business Partner (Personnel Analyst III): $99,149.36 - $138,822.72 Annually
NOTE: If appointed at the lower level, incumbent may be promoted to the higher level without further examination upon meeting the minimum requirements, demonstrating satisfactory performance, and in accordance with the business needs of the department.
The eligible list established from this recruitment will be used to fill current and future Regular, Temporary, Fixed-term, and Intermittent vacancies for this and similarly situated positions only. There is currently one (1) Regular, full-time, vacancy.
January 29, 2021
Continuous (Please note that applications will be reviewed and processed frequently due to the pressing need to fill the position. Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible).
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as subject matter expert and internal consultant on a broad scope of human resources matters to leaders/managers of the 26 agencies within the County of Ventura.
- Builds trust and relationships with clients at all levels of the organization including executives.
- Plans and administers a broad scope of highly complex recruitment processes.
- Develops, validates, and administers examinations including written tests, structured interviews, practical exams and measures of training and experience.
- Conducts a broad scope of classification studies including establishing new classifications, revising existing classifications, and studying single positions and agency wide reorganizations.
- Conducts total compensation studies as well as base salary studies and makes corresponding recommendations.
- Conducts research and manages projects which requires data collection, analysis, and the formulation of recommendations as well as implementation of recommendations.
- Conducts effective, prompt and thorough investigations of complex, sensitive workplace EEO complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other policy violations received through a variety of channels including the employee misconduct hotline.
- Prepares reports and correspondence related to a broad variety of human resources matters, including examination appeals, administrative investigations, validation reports, and classification and compensation studies.
- Designs, administers, and evaluates training and development programs.
- Supervises staff engaged in a broad variety of human resources functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These are entrance requirements to the examination process and assure neither continuance in the process nor placement on an eligible list.
Considerable experience in professional-level, public sector, human resources management which has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. An example of a qualifying education and experience is:
Human Resources Business Partner I: Possession of a bachelor's degree in HR, Public Administration, Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a related field AND one (1) year of professional-level human resources experience within the public sector which includes a combination of experience performing investigations, administering recruitments, developing exams, or conducting classification & compensation studies.
Human Resources Business Partner II: Possession of a bachelor's degree in HR, Public Administration, Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a related field AND three (3) years of professional-level human resources experience within the public sector which includes a combination of experience performing investigations, administering recruitments, developing exams, or conducting classification & compensation studies.
Senior Human Resources Business Partner: Possession of a bachelor’s degree in HR, Public Administration, Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a related field AND five (5) years of professional-level human resources experience within the public sector which includes a combination of experience performing investigations, administering recruitments, developing exams, or conducting classification & compensation studies in addition to experience supervising professional-level staff engaged in human resources work.
Substitution: Additional related professional experience may substitute for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis. A graduate degree in a related field may substitute for one year of the required experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent written communication skills must be demonstrated in the completion of the employment application and supplemental questionnaire.
- Exercise sound judgment and decision making
This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time; therefore, apply as soon as possible if you are interested in it. Your application must be received by County of Ventura Human Resources no later than 5:00 P.M. on the closing date.
To apply on-line, please refer to our web site at www.ventura.org/jobs. If you prefer to fill out a paper application form, please call (805) 654-5129 for application materials. Our address is: County of Ventura, Human Resources Division, 800 South Victoria Avenue, L-1970, Ventura, CA 93009.
Note to Applicants: It is essential that you complete all sections of your application and supplemental questionnaire thoroughly and accurately to demonstrate your qualifications. A resume and/or other related documents may be attached to supplement the information in your application and supplemental questionnaire; however, it/they may not be submitted in lieu of the application.
Candidates successfully completing the examination process may be placed on an eligible list for a period of one (1) year.
For further information about this recruitment, please contact Matt Escobedo by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (805) 662-6584.