Under general direction, the Probation Agency Human Resources Analyst I/II provides professional, generalist human resources services including recruitment, classification & compensation, and leave of absence/return-to-work duties with an emphasis on conducting investigations specifically for the Ventura County Probation Agency.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience working as a generalist Human Resources professional in investigations, recruitment, classification & compensation principles, and return-to-work/interactive processes.
- A strong level of comfort working independently and collaborating with internal and agency/department HR staff to analyze and problem solve issues.
- Be detail and goal oriented and possess an HR background which demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize work in order to successfully complete projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate excellent project management, problem-solving, written and oral communication, and interpersonal and customer service skills.
The Ventura County Probation Agency is charged by the courts with the direct supervision of approximately 9,000 adult offenders and 2,500 juvenile offenders on probation, as well as performing two mandated functions: the preparation of sentencing reports for the courts and the operation of the Juvenile Facilities.
Considerable experience in personnel and human resources services which has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. An example of a qualifying education and experience is:
Personnel Analyst I:
Possession of a Bachelor's degree in HR, Public Administration, Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a related field AND one (1) year of professional level generalist human resources experience which includes a combination of areas such as investigations, recruitment, examination development, classification & compensation, and return to work/interactive process/leave of absence activities.
Personnel Analyst II:
Possession of a Bachelor's degree in HR, Public Administration, Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a related field AND two (2) years of professional level generalist human resources experience which includes a combination of areas such as investigations, recruitment, examination development, classification & compensation, and return to work/interactive process/leave of absence functions.
Substitution: Additional related professional experience may substitute for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis. A graduate degree in a related field may substitute for one year of the required experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess and maintain a valid California driver license.
Excellent written communication skills must be demonstrated in the completion of the employment application and supplemental questionnaire.
FINAL FILING DATE:
- Experience conducting investigations and writing investigative reports with findings
- Recruitment experience in a public sector setting
- One or more years of HR experience in a public sector setting
- Experience with return to work and the interactive process
- Exam development experience
- Experience with automated HR systems such as NeoGov (applicant tracking system), Ventura County Human Resources Payroll system (a Human Resources Information System), Presagia (Disability Management tracking system)
- Certified IPMA-CP, SHRM-CP
This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time; therefore, apply as soon as possible if you are interested in it. Your application must be received by County of Ventura Human Resources no later than 5:00 P.M. on the closing date. A first review of submitted applications is scheduled for the week of February 1st.
To apply on-line, please refer to our web site at www.ventura.org/jobs. Click here
to be directed to the job announcement.
Applicants must provide sufficient information under the Education/Work experience portion of the application and supplemental questionnaire in order to determine eligibility. A resume may be attached to supplement your responses in the above-referenced sections; however, it may not be submitted in lieu of the application.
For further information about this recruitment, please contact Monika Maine by e-mail at Monika.Maine@ventura.org or by telephone at (805) 654-2629.