Under general direction, the Hospital Administrative Services-Manager provides management of a department, or across several departments, operations and services within the Health Care Agency. This position is responsible for overseeing the system-wide workforce management functions in collaboration with the Hospital Chief Financial Officer and leadership team, with related responsibilities in designing and overseeing training programs for all levels of supervisory and leadership staff and facility-bases specialists on workforce management.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have five (5) or more years of healthcare finance and business analysis/management experience. The successful candidate will have a strong operational background performing or managing productivity, conducting financial analysis and modeling, and have proven experience with workforce management and benchmarking projects. The ideal incumbent will be self-motivated, an independent thinker and can handle multiple projects with competing priorities or deadlines. A Master of Business Administration, CPA, or Master of Healthcare Administration is highly desired.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for and provides ongoing workforce management-related expertise, analytics, and support to management, leadership, and stakeholders;
- Monitors reporting from the productivity system utilized by the organization and provides consultative, technical and decision-making support to operational leaders regarding financial and operational improvement and program development;
- Sets agendas for Workforce Management meetings and facilitates meetings with key stakeholders;
- Receives, reviews and vets requisition(s) with Hiring Manager, Hospital Chief Financial Officer and Hospital Chief Executive Officer and facilitates the Position Control process by analyzing, providing narratives and justifications for adding or deleting positions and receiving approval for exceptions as needed;
- Develops, manages, monitors and maintains productivity standards including variance reporting by analyzing hospital operation ratios of staffing to industry benchmarks;
- Performs data analytics and prepares reports to provide supporting information and/or justification for projects, workforce management regular reporting, and ad hoc requests for information to leadership as needed;
- Assists leadership by identifying and making recommendations on leading practices, new techniques, and/or opportunities for departmental or cross-departmental projects that could improve workflow, eliminate waste, reduce costs, and increase productivity;
- Prioritizes, conducts, and monitors workforce-related projects and is responsible for workforce reporting and tracking actionable items related to improvements that have been recommended and approved.
- Provides information, conducts presentations, education and training on all workforce-related matters to management, leadership and stakeholders; communicates in an effective and professional manner;
- Works collaboratively with Nursing, Human Resources and Decision Support staff in analyzing productivity management opportunities;
- Coaches and mentors operational leaders to assist in moving labor performance closer to established budgeted targets and performance levels;
- Performs financial analysis and reporting on existing service lines and develops pro-formas for new business lines;
- May supervise administrative, professional, or clerical staff;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Any combination of education and experience which would demonstrate possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of a qualifying education and experience is:
Possession of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, Healthcare Administration or a closely related field, AND,
Minimum of three (3) years of healthcare finance and business analysis/management experience.
Up to four (4) years of additional related experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience managing productivity, financial analysis and modeling, and workforce management.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills including Word and Excel
- Experience with patient accounting and general ledger systems such as Epic, Cerner, Medi-Tech, McKesson, HBOC Star, Peoplesoft, and TSI
- Experience with relational database programs
FINAL FILING DATE AND HOW TO APPLY:
- Master of Business Administration and/or CPA, or Master of Healthcare Administration is highly desired
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, Healthcare Administration or a closely related field
- Five (5) years of healthcare finance and business analysis/management experience
- Full scope supervision experience
This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time; therefore, apply as soon as possible if you are interested in it. Your application must be received by County of Ventura Human Resources in Ventura, California, no later than 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please visit www.ventura.org/jobs or click this link to be directed to the job posting and to apply: Hospital Administrative Services Manager - Finance
For further information about this recruitment, please contact Monika Maine by e-mail at Monika.Maine@ventura.org or by telephone at (805) 654-2629.