Los Angeles will become the largest U.S. city to ban the manufacturing and sale of fur apparel under impending legislation.
As the Health Services Agency Director, you will provide a vital role for the County of Santa Cruz as a leader with responsibility to direct and develop people and processes to provide the highest quality of care to our community. The incumbent is responsible for the overall organization, people and financial management of Health Services Agency (HSA), ensures the delivery of quality care to patients, enhancement of business development, and continuous improvement of agency efficiency and fiscal success. This position is responsible for the development and implementation, on a County-wide basis, of HSA programs designed to provide public health, mental health, and alcohol and drug services to individuals within the community.
• Passionate and committed to public service, public health and our community
• A thoughtful, analytical and reflective thinker who understands the community-based impacts of various
• Adaptable and highly responsive to organizational change
• An engaged and progressive leader that thrives in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
• Effective at interpersonal and communication skills – able to work successfully across the
organization and community
• Business savvy – with a strong background in budget, finance and administration
• Various, robust benefit plans with the County contributing generously towards the total cost of the plans
• CalPers retirement
• Generous administrative, vacation, sick and holiday leave pay
• The opportunity to lead a dedicated team and work, live, and play in beautiful Santa Cruz!
Stunning Santa Cruz County has approximately 270,000 residents and is situated in the northern area of Monterey Bay, 70 miles south of San Francisco and 35 miles southwest of the Silicon Valley. The County’s natural beauty is apparent in its pristine beaches, lush redwood forests, and rich farmland. The County enjoys an ideal Mediterranean climate with low humidity and approximately 300 days of sunshine a year. The area’s unique shops and restaurants, coupled with a multitude of cultural and recreational activities, including theatre, music, art as well as golfing, surfing, hiking, and biking, offer a wealth of leisure activities. There are numerous local higher education institutions including Cabrillo College and the University of California, Santa Cruz, with two additional State Universities less than an hour away. These elements make Santa Cruz County a great place to live, work, and play!
For more information on the requirements and/or to apply online, please go to: www.santacruzcountyjobs.com
County of Santa Cruz Personnel Mission Statement: In collaboration with our customers, we will recruit, develop, support, and retain an ethical, professional, and diverse workforce dedicated to serving the community.
Strategic Shift Expands Presence to All 50 States and Canada