Bring your grants management experience to the Sonoma County Water Agency (Sonoma Water)!
The Grants and Funded Projects Manager (Grants Manager) oversees, and actively participates in, Sonoma Water's program to secure and manage external sources of funding. Managing a team of three staff, and working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary staff both inside and outside the Agency, the Grants Manager will have primary responsibility for budgeting and accounting tasks for all grants and funded projects implemented by Sonoma Water. Further, this position will plan, organize, implement, and supervise related administrative functions such as grant writing, grant management, and procurement of grants and low interest loans. The Grants Manager will identify efficiencies, develop strategies, and make grant policy and procedure recommendations to optimize effective grant management, as well as act as the fiscal and administrative lead for several regional programs and special projects.
Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, well-organized, and possess:
- Grants or project management skills, including experience with both federal and state sources of funding
- The ability to write reports and present findings and recommendations to multiple audiences
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Significant budget management experience with expertise in financial and cost accounting theory, principles, and practices
- Advanced Excel knowledge and skills
- A collaborative work style, and the ability to perform in a cross-functional team
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
An ability to work well under pressure, with interruptions and changing priorities under tight deadlines, while producing quality results with attention to detail
What We Offer
Working at Sonoma Water offers expansive opportunities for growth and development, the ability to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing you're working to better our communities. You can also look forward to excellent benefits* including:
About Sonoma Water
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $1,700 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- Significant portion of health care premiums paid by the County and access to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
Sonoma Water is a special district formed by the California State Legislature in 1949 and is responsible for providing a safe and reliable water supply to its customers in Sonoma and Marin counties. Sonoma Water also maintains 75 miles of flood control channels and provides sanitation services. Employing approximately 230 employees, Sonoma Water consists of six divisions including Engineering and Resource Planning, Environmental Resources, Community and Government Affairs, Water and Wastewater Operations, Maintenance, and Administrative Services. Sonoma Water supports the concept of environmental sustainability, focusing on renewable power sources, and strives to be a leader in its water conservation and fishery restoration programs.
*Salary is negotiable and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit, www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. EOE Apply by 5/12/21