After 12 years, Long Beach City Manager Patrick H. West is hanging up his hat.
Cambria Community Services District is seeking a general manager. The Cambria CSD provides Fire Protection, Water and Wastewater service and other minor services to an unincorporated coastal community of about 6,200 residents with an annual budget of about $10 million. The district also manages acres of publicly owned open space, and outsourced solid waste disposal. The General Manager is hired by and reports directly to an elected five member Board of Directors to manage the day-to-day operations of the District while carrying out the policies and directives of the Board. The General Manager, the District’s Legal Counsel and the independent auditor report directly to the Board. The General Manager provides leadership, strategic vision and policy guidance for the district. The ideal candidate should....
• be a strategic thinker with demonstrated planning skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a collaborative and inclusive leadership style.
• have experience in budgeting, managing financial resources, personnel management, and resources planning.
• understand the importance of communication and promote policies that enhance trust and transparent government.
• have a strong customer service focus and will build trust, inspire and motivate others by example, promote teamwork, and unite the organization with a shared sense of purpose.
• maintain cooperative working relationships with various public agencies and other groups, and intergovernmental and regulatory agencies (including the Coastal Commission, Regional Water Quality Control Board, and SLO County departments)
Required qualifications A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and five years of management/supervisory experience, preferably in local government, is required. A Master’s Degree and experience in a smaller and/or rural community is preferred. A background in economic development, finance, and community consensus building is desired. Or, any combination of education and experience which would likely provide the necessary knowledge and abilities. The position is open until filled and offers a competitive compensation package. Please send your resume and cover letter in Word to Cambria Community Services District, Attention: GM search committee. For additional information about this job, please contact the district office 805-927-6223, visit https://www.cambriacsd.org/employment-opportunities, or email President David Pierson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Santa Clara County and San Francisco filed a lawsuit last week against the Trump administration over a new policy that could stymie legal immigration by those receiving public assistance and discou
CaliforniaCityNews has a special message for you from Matt Winefield, an engineer and businessman who has been supporting the redevelopment of contaminated properties since 1989.