Sunnyvale has a new city clerk at the helm.
Cambria Community Services District is seeking a general manager. The Cambria CSD provides Fire Protection, Water and Wastewater service and other minor services to an unincorporated coastal community of about 6,200 residents with an annual budget of about $10 million. The district also manages acres of publicly owned open space, and outsourced solid waste disposal. The General Manager is hired by and reports directly to an elected five member Board of Directors to manage the day-to-day operations of the District while carrying out the policies and directives of the Board. The General Manager, the District’s Legal Counsel and the independent auditor report directly to the Board. The General Manager provides leadership, strategic vision and policy guidance for the district. The ideal candidate should....
• be a strategic thinker with demonstrated planning skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a collaborative and inclusive leadership style.
• have experience in budgeting, managing financial resources, personnel management, and resources planning.
• understand the importance of communication and promote policies that enhance trust and transparent government.
• have a strong customer service focus and will build trust, inspire and motivate others by example, promote teamwork, and unite the organization with a shared sense of purpose.
• maintain cooperative working relationships with various public agencies and other groups, and intergovernmental and regulatory agencies (including the Coastal Commission, Regional Water Quality Control Board, and SLO County departments)
Required qualifications A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and five years of management/supervisory experience, preferably in local government, is required. A Master’s Degree and experience in a smaller and/or rural community is preferred. A background in economic development, finance, and community consensus building is desired. Or, any combination of education and experience which would likely provide the necessary knowledge and abilities. The position is open until filled and offers a competitive compensation package. Please send your resume and cover letter in Word to Cambria Community Services District, Attention: GM search committee. For additional information about this job, please contact the district office 805-927-6223, visit https://www.cambriacsd.org/employment-opportunities, or email President David Pierson at email@example.com.
If anything can be said of Sen. Scott Weiner (D-San Francisco) it’s that he will not back down in the face of defeat.
In 2017, the California State Legislature took sanctuary policies statewide with the passage of SB 54, or the California Values Act, which limits cooperation with federal immigration enforcement.