JOB TITLE: Executive Officer
AGENCY: San Mateo County Transportation Authority
LOCATION: San Carlos, CA
FILING DEADLINE: August 12, 2022
SALARY RANGE: $182,437 – $273,656 Annually
The Executive Officer, Transportation Authority reports to the Chief Officer, Planning, Grants & Transportation Authority and is responsible for activities related to the administration of sales tax revenue received by the San Mateo County Transportation Authority (TA) and program delivery. The Executive Officer, TA will also provide oversight and support for the operation of the US101 Express Lanes through the San Mateo County Express Lanes Joint Powers Authority.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE(S)
- Be responsible for the programming and allocation of TA funds for programs and projects consistent with and in compliance with the voter-approved TA Expenditure Plan.
- Act as the liaison with internal and external stakeholders for the collection, programming, and distribution of TA funds.
- Be responsible for the evaluation, development, and implementation of all TA capital projects and transportation programs.
- Provide program management oversight of projects funded by TA funding and delivered by non-TA grantees.
- Be responsible for the development and administration of the TA’s annual budget.
- Provide oversight for the pursuit of additional funding sources to leverage TA funding.
- Provide oversight and support of the operation of the US101 Express Lanes through the San Mateo County Express Lanes Joint Powers Authority.
- Supervise staff. Hire, mentor and take appropriate corrective and/or disciplinary action. Ensure EEO policies and procedures are followed. Participate in selection and coordination of staff.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, collaborative, and innovative leader, who is organized and able to prioritize and adapt quickly to changing priorities. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to build strong business relationships with other local jurisdictions, contractors, vendors, and business partners. This is an excellent growth opportunity for an industry professional to help shape the transportation landscape of San Mateo County with innovative and forward-thinking projects. The ideal candidate will have a record of accomplishment in the successful implementation of transportation project deliverables, project management, and funding experience.
Example of Duties:
- Oversee the management of consultants and staff in the delivery of capital projects, including key highway projects in San Mateo County.
- Oversee the timely use of TA sales tax funds awarded to various grantees, cities, and the County.
- Be responsible for the development, resourcing, and implementation strategies to ensure the timely delivery of capital projects.
- Report to the TA Board, Executive Committee, and members of the public on the status of transportation projects and programs. Serve as the staff liaison to a 15-member citizen advisory committee.
- Be responsible for the development and review of data analytics in the establishment of guidelines and evaluation processes used for project decisions and recommendations for TA funding considerations.
- Oversee the coordination and collaboration with stakeholders including but not limited to the California Department of Transportation, Metropolitan Transportation Commission, the City/County Association of Government, and other self-help counties in the Bay Area, as well as around the State.
- Collaborate with the public, elected officials, and other key stakeholders on the development of and updates to local and regional transportation planning documents and efforts.
- Oversee the progress reports for the capital program.
- Be responsible for the negotiation of funding and cooperative agreements and ensure the recipients of Authority funds comply with Authority policies and procedures.
- Evaluate job performance of staff, which also includes the professional development of staff through the identification of on-the-job and other professional development opportunities.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect oneself, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For more details about this opportunity, please visit the job brochure at:
To be considered, please submit a resume, cover letter, and list of five professional references (who will not be contacted in the early stages of the recruitment) at: https://koffassociates.com/executive-officer-ta/
Resumes should reflect years and months of positions held, as well as size of staff and budgets you have managed.
For additional information, please contact:
Carlo Zabala at: (510) 342-3233 or Email: email@example.com