Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including:
• Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments;
• Answers Executive Director's telephone calls
• Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings• Plans, coordinates and ensures that the ED's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating a win-win situations for direct access to the ED's time and office
• Works closely and effectively with the ED to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer" having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the ED updated.
• Keeps Executive Director apprised of scheduled meetings and events; ensures that ED has pertinent documents and information in preparation for meetings
.• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the ED's office and internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
• Prepare and format information for internal and external distribution including letters and memos
• Compiling data for reports
• Compose and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential
Senior Management Support
• Assist in scheduling meetings for senior managers
• Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, as well as all-staff meetings
• Provides assistance to Ombudsman by researching and referring problems or concerns to appropriate staff for resolution
• makes necessary room arrangements for Senior Management staff; takes detailed notes;
• apprises ED on the content of meetings
• Manage the flow of information to member of the executive leadership team; screen calls, open and sort mail, summarize reports and correspondence
Executive Office Management
• Receives, opens, reviews, and distributes incoming mail; receives and processes invoices and maintains accounts payable
.• Completing monthly expense reports
• Recommends organization or procedural changes affecting clerical activities
.• Maintains complex and confidential record keeping systems
• Maintain office supply
REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Skills in:
• written and verbal communication
• taking proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Emotional maturity
• Being a forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Being extremely organized
• interpersonal communication
• Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion is essential for success in this type of job
.• Perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and members of the City Council and Board of Supervisors.
• Be a highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
• achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Education & Experience:
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION GUIDELINES:
Any combination of experience and education that would be likely to provide the required knowledge and abilities could be qualifying, as determined by the Agency. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Strong work tenure; 5-10 years of experience supporting Executive level staff; preferably in a government Agency.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, Adobe Acrobat and Social Media web platforms