$96,708 - $126,180 (plus excellent benefits)
Full-time Permanent Position (subject to probation)
Friday, September 3, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Under general supervision, assists in planning, directing, administering and evaluating the City-wide Wastewater Management Program, including the development and implementation of new ordinances and regulations to promote the facilitation of decentralized wastewater treatment facilities, safety inspections, training and policy administration; administers and conducts plan check reviews of Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems; provides complex professional staff assistance to the Environmental Sustainability Director in areas of expertise; and performs related work as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Understands, interprets, and ensures compliance with laws and regulations in a manner that achieves environmental health protection using a balanced approach to meet the needs of the regulated industry and the community
- Has knowledge of the planning, development, implementation, and administration of municipal wastewater management programs
- Analyzes complex technical and operational problems and recommends cost-effective solutions
- Communicates effectively in meetings and makes formal presentations to community groups, other agencies, and elected officials
- Establishes rapport and maintains mutually productive relationships with staff, partner agencies, and the public
- Exercises good judgment, flexibility, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in environmental science, public health, biological science, chemistry, physical science, or a related field, and two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience related to Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems review, design, construction and or inspection, preferably with a local governmental entity.
License: Must possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver License and have a satisfactory driving record. Must possess and maintain a valid certificate of registration as an Environmental Health Specialist in the State of California, or a Registered Civil Engineer, or a Registered Geologist, or equivalent.
Applicants must submit a completed online City Employment Application and Resume by the filing deadline. Visit MalibuCity.org/jobs
for more information about this position and to apply online. If you have questions or need special accommodations with the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (310) 456-2489 ext. 488. The City of Malibu is an equal opportunity employer.