The Disability Management Division is centralized within the County Executive Office under the leadership of Risk Management and oversees the County’s program to support those with work or non-work related disabilities and injuries, and assist agencies and departments in returning these employees to the workplace.
The Division also serves as a central resource for the distribution of leave benefit notices, coordinates the interactive process for disabled employees and agency/department representatives, and assists in accomplishing accommodations that may be required in order for employees to return to work.
Under supervision of the Deputy Executive Officer – Workers' Compensation/Disability Retirement Manager, the Disability Management Risk Analyst assists in the management of disabled employees and administration of the County's leave policies. The incumbent is the subject matter expert in the County's leave management, accommodations and centralized disability management computer system (Presagia), providing consultation and assistance to all agency and department Human Resources representatives.
The ideal candidate will have experience in program management; knowledge of Disability Management including the interactive process and reasonable accommodation; experience with the development and implementation of automated systems; and public speaking experience necessary for delivering presentations. The incumbent may lead or assist in Interactive Process meetings with disabled employees, and mentor, train and provide guidance to Human Resource professionals in leave management, applying disability management practices and utilization of the County centralized disability management system (Presagia). The incumbent must be able to demonstrate compassion and discretion while working with sensitive employee disability issues, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and able to work independently.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. A typical combination is completion of a Bachelor's degree and two (2) years' experience with emphasis in disability management and/or leave of absence management. Additional years of experience with a history of conducting Interactive Process meetings with disabled employees and/or certifications in leave management or accommodations may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver license and be willing and able to travel throughout the County
- Physical Requirements: Primarily office environment with travel to County facilities and extensive keyboard use.
- Excellent computer skills, written communication skills must be demonstrated in the completion of the employment application and supplemental questionnaire.
FINAL FILING DATE:
- Knowledge of and experience with the principles and techniques of program management within Presagia.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Interactive Process including applicable laws and regulations.
- Possession of Certified Professional in Disability Management or similar designations from the Insurance Educational Association or Disability Management Employer Coalition.
- Experience coordinating benefits, payroll and employee leaves.
- Advanced computer technical skills for data analysis.
This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time; therefore, apply as soon as possible if you are interested in it. Your application must be received by County of Ventura Human Resources in Ventura, California, no later than 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
To apply on-line, please refer to our web site at www.ventura.org/jobs or click on this link to be directed to the job posting: Disability Management Risk Analyst
For further information about this recruitment, please contact Monika Maine by e-mail at Monika.Maine@ventura.org or by telephone at (805) 654-2629.