The County of Ventura is seeking qualified, experienced and interested candidates to be considered for the position of Disability and Absence Management Specialist. We offer an annual base salary of $75,561.98 - $105,797.38 (DOE) in addition to other benefits and incentives. Click here
in order to view the job advertisement and to apply directly from the County of Ventura Human Resources website.
Under supervision of the Deputy Executive Officer – Disability Management Division, the Disability and Absence Management Specialist assists in the management of disabled employees and administration of the County's leave policies. The incumbent is the subject matter expert in the County's leave management, accommodations and centralized disability management computer system (Presagia), providing consultation and assistance to all agency and department Human Resources representatives.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience in disability as well as leave of absence management including the interactive process and reasonable accommodation; experience with the development and implementation of automated systems; and public speaking experience necessary for delivering presentations. The incumbent may lead or assist in Interactive Process meetings with disabled employees, and mentor, train and provide guidance to Human Resource professionals in leave management, applying disability management practices and utilization of the County centralized disability management tracking system (Presagia). The incumbent must be able to demonstrate compassion and discretion while working with sensitive employee disability issues, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and able to work independently.
Any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. A typical combination is completion of a Bachelor's degree and three (3) years' experience in disability management and/or leave of absence management. Additional years of experience in disability management with a history of conducting Interactive Process meetings with disabled employees may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Considerable experience with disability and/or leave of absence management
- Experience with the interactive process including conducting interactive process meetings with employees for workplace accommodations and/or return to work
- Considerable knowledge and experience applying laws including ADA, CFRA, FMLA, PDL, etc.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver license and be willing and able to travel throughout the County
- Physical Requirements: Primarily office environment with travel to County facilities and extensive keyboard use.
- Excellent computer skills, written communication skills must be demonstrated in the completion of the employment application and supplemental questionnaire.
- Knowledge and experience in managing a leave case management/tracking system
- Knowledge and experience managing COVID-19 leaves of absence
- Possession of Certified Professional in Disability Management or similar designations from the Insurance Educational Association or Disability Management Employer Coalition.
- Experience coordinating benefits, payroll and employee leaves.
- Advanced computer technical skills for data analysis.
To apply on-line, please refer to our web site at www.ventura.org/jobs. If you prefer to fill out a paper application form, please call (805) 654-5129 for application materials and submit them to County of Ventura Human Resources, 800 South Victoria Avenue, L-1970, Ventura, CA 93009.