Under the administrative direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of the Cultural Services Agency manages, plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates the operations and activities of the County's Cultural Services Agency, including operations of the County Library System and County Museum, providing invaluable services to the residents of Mendocino County.
Responsibilities include planning and directing a comprehensive library system with all of the related services, including educational, creative, and cultural events; planning and directing museum operations, including the acquisition, preservation and installation of items of historical, scientific and artistic interests. The Director of the Cultural Services Agency provides overall direction and guidance related to the budget, implementation of library programs for adults and children, literacy programs, museum acquisitions of the collections, and a wide-range of services, programs and events for the community.
The Ideal Candidate:
The County seeks an experienced professional with a commitment to public service, with an extensive library background, and experience with historical, science and/or art programming.
For this position, a Master's of Library Science (MLS) or Master’s of Library and Information Science (MLIS) and six (6) or more years of progressively responsible professional library experience with at least three (3) years in management-level capacity; or, when also possessing the MLS, a combination of related management-level education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Experience with public arts or cultural programs is highly desirable.
Licenses and Certifications, and other requirements
:Valid Driver’s License
Salary & Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $110,156 - $133,910 annually, with appointment at a step in the range dependent upon qualifications. The County provides an executive management benefits package, which includes:
- Retirement benefits provided under the 1937 Act and enrollment in Social Security. For more information, contact the Retirement Association at 707.463.4328.
- Participation in a 457 deferred compensation plan with up to 4% of salary contribution matched by the County.
- Longevity increase of 2.5% after five (5) years at Step 5 (or a flat rate salary) and upon each five (5) year anniversary thereafter.
- $1,500 annually for training, education and health expenses.
- County pays approximately 75% of medical, dental and vision insurance coverage for employees and their enrolled dependents.
- $50,000 group life insurance policy and $5,000 AD&D.
- 11 paid holidays.
- 48 hours paid management leave annually.
- Paid vacation beginning with two weeks increasing to five weeks after 15 years of service.
- Sick leave accrual at 15 days per year
This recruitment is open until filled, with first screening to be conducted Monday, October 26, 2020. This recruitment may close at any time.
To be considered for the Director of the Cultural Services Agency, submit a Mendocino County application and resume using the County’s website: www.mendocinocounty.org/jobs.
County of Mendocino
Human Resources Department
501 Low Gap Road, Room 1326
Ukiah, CA 95482
E-mail questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org