San Joaquin County is seeking an experienced public works/engineering professional with strong leadership and communication skills to provide direction and oversight of the Engineering Divisions. The ideal candidate will possess proven leadership skills, and exceptional knowledge and experience managing public works engineering projects with successful outcomes.
The incumbent reports to the Director of Public Works and is responsible for managing and administering the programs, functions, budgets and activities of the following Public Works Engineering Divisions: Design, Construction, Bridge, and Transportation. The Engineering Divisions account for nearly 70 of the department’s full-time allocated positions. More information about Public Works is available at the department web page
The Ideal Candidate
In addition to being a registered Professional Civil Engineer, the ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Outstanding leadership skills and experience managing diverse public works engineering projects.
- Tremendous personal integrity, sense of professional ethics, and dedication to public service.
- Well-developed organizational and decision making skills including having a strategic outlook.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and empower staff to achieve established goals and develop succession planning.
- A desire to embrace innovation to enhance services provided.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and customer service.
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, and a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to synthesize complex information.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, including compensation and benefits package, visit the following link