High-energy individual exhibiting high levels of attention to detail, time management and follow-through. Demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain connections and relationships between local, state and federal officials and TCA. The ideal candidate in this role should have a positive attitude, is highly ethical and is committed to diversity, openness, flexibility, integrity and kindness.
• Assist in developing annual state and federal legislative platforms outlining the Agencies’ statutory, regulatory, legislative and administrative goals and objectives.
• Assist in analyzing legislative proposals and bills to determine their impact on TCA.
• Assist in the development of legislative strategies on major issues, impactful legislation and State and Federal regulations.
• Work collaboratively to develop and communicate TCA messages to target audiences to support TCA’s legislative platform and strategic goals promoting accurate information and understanding about TCA.
• Work with a variety of regional civic, community, advocacy and business leaders to advance TCA initiatives and goals.
• Serve as an active member of civic and community organizations providing visibility for TCA.
• Assist in the development of correspondence, fact sheets, advocacy and white papers, briefing packages, talking points, presentations and documents as part of TCA’s public outreach program.
• Give presentations about TCA projects to business leaders, advocacy groups and community leaders.
What We Are Seeking/Role Requirements:
• At least five years of progressively responsible experience in legislative and governmental relations, public relations and community outreach.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public relations, political science, public affairs, communications, journalism or a closely related field; a master’s degree is desirable.
• Thorough knowledge of intergovernmental relations, public affairs, media relations and public relations; understanding of good public advocacy practices, strong communication principles; and a high comfort level working with elected officials, the media and the public.
Summary of Work Environment, Benefits and Compensation:
• TCA offers a professional, friendly work environment, along with a “flex” 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off;
• Possibility for a hybrid work schedule
• An excellent benefits package that includes:
— Medical, dental, and vision insurance
— Generous retirement pension plus up to 2% match to retirement savings account
— Competitive annual leave/paid time off package
— Life insurance, short- and long-term disability options
— Flex spending accounts for healthcare and/or dependent care
— Tuition reimbursement
— Paid holidays
— Training and development opportunities
• The starting pay range for this role is expected to be $125–$150k annualized.
How To Apply:
• For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and your interest in this opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• This recruitment will be open for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Apply now for consideration as this recruitment may close at any time once the needs of TCA are met.