It wasn’t even close.
Monthly Salary Range: $ 8,497 - $ 10,328
Bargaining Unit: Management - Mgmt Classes, Classified & Exempt
The Contra Costa County Library is recruiting for a creative, enthusiastic, and innovative leader for an exciting and challenging opportunity as a Deputy County Librarian.
Under the direction of the County Librarian, the Deputy County Librarian oversees and coordinates the day-to-day operations of multiple community libraries directly and through subordinate levels of professional staff. This classification serves as a member of the Library Executive Management team, and is responsible for planning, budget recommendations and other administrative activities. Incumbents provide direct supervision to Library Managers, subordinate professional, technical, and clerical personnel.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
· An emotionally intelligent leader who is an effective listener and consensus builder at all levels
· Experience collaborating with cities/towns and other agencies on complex library capital projects
· Effective supervisory experience and mentorship of staff, including the ability to lead and coach to develop future leaders
· Ability to lead library strategic planning and assessment, develop and execute system-wide policies, procedures and initiatives
· Demonstrate passion through organizational focus, perseverance, and commitment
To read the complete job description, please visit the website, www.cccounty.us/hr. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six months.
TENTATIVE EXAM DATES
Tentative Oral Interview: May 17, 2018
License Required: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator's License. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator’s license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a Master of Library Science degree from a school of Librarianship accredited by the American Library Association or a Master’s degree in a related field.
Experience: Four (4) years of full-time or its equivalent professional experience in a large complex organization such as a large public or academic library or other large business, at least three (3) years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
1. Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date. A completed Supplemental Questionnaire is required at the time of applying.
2. Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
3. Oral Interview: Conducted by a Qualifications Appraisal Board who will evaluate candidates in job-related areas. Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list. (Weighted 100%)
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.
If the November elections proved one thing, it’s that voters across L.A. County are still willing to open their wallets for the promise of better services, infrastructure, and schools.
You can add San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera to the list of individuals questioning the legitimacy of newly-appointed Acting U.S. Attorney General Matthew Whitaker.
Strategic Shift Expands Presence to All 50 States and Canada