A police officer taking home $452,653 per year and making a total of $539,735 with benefits. A fire captain whose total compensation reached $557,655 last year.
The City of Menifee is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy City Manager. Under general direction of the City Manager, this position plans, organizes, manages, and provides direction and oversight for all functions and activities of the Department of Finance, as well as the Human Resources and Information Technology Divisions; coordinates assigned activities with other City departments, officials, outside agencies, and the public; fosters cooperative working relationships among City departments and with intergovernmental and regulatory agencies and various public and private groups; provides highly responsible and complex professional assistance to the City Manager in areas of expertise; and performs related work as required.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is an experienced finance professional with both the executive experience and leadership ability to build a strong collaborative team, encouraging and supporting the growth and professional development of the members both as individuals and as a team; and set the tone for a culture of respect, character, integrity, self-growth and people development.
Key abilities for the ideal candidate include:
· Develop and administer a city-wide budget, includes monitoring and approving expenditures; forecasting funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies.
· Evaluate and elevate current operating practices, policies, and procedures to ensure all aspects of Unit operations conform to best practices and/or industry standards.
· Connect and communicate effectively with a diverse team which includes subordinates, other leaders in the agency, contractors, consultants, and members of the community.
· Is highly adaptable, flexible and politically astute in dealing with the ever changing expectations of the city.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to be a part of shaping administrative operations and positioning the agency for future growth.
This position is responsible for the City’s Finance Department, Human Resources, Risk Management, and Information Technology divisions.
Key objectives include:
· Maintain strong oversight of citywide FY 2018/19 revenues/expenditures to maintain conformance with budget controls.
· Streamline/centralize the City’s current purchasing processes.
· Update City’s existing Purchasing and Business Licenses Ordinances.
· Successfully Complete Labor Negotiations – Negotiate with the City’s three bargaining units and establish successor MOU’s prior to their 6/30/2019 expiration.
· Develop an Information Technology Contingency Policy and Plan – Develop IT contingency plan and policy including creating a business impact analysis, and identifying preventive controls.
· Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in finance, accounting, economics, business or public administration, or a closely related field.
· Seven (7) years of increasingly responsible finance and accounting experience including three (3) years of executive management and administrative responsibility; and at least a portion of which involves human resources, risk management or information technology.
· A Master's degree in a related field is highly desirable.
· Certification as a Public Accountant in the State of California is highly desirable.
· Active membership in Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) and Southern California Municipal Finance Officers Association (SCMFO) Association is highly desirable.
The deadline to apply is January 27, 2019 before 11:59 PM PST.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a completed City application. Applicant must answer supplemental questions with application.
Each candidate’s background will be evaluated on the basis of information submitted at the time of application, and qualified candidates may participate in a preliminary phone interview. Only the most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in a panel interview process, tentatively scheduled week of February 11th. Only the names of the most-qualified candidates who pass the panel interview process will be submitted to the City for consideration for final selection.
Additional inquiries about the position may be directed to Kris Harapan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Neither Regional Government Services nor the City of Menifee are responsible for failure of internet forms or email transmission in submitting your application. Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or selection process should advise Human Resources by emailing email@example.com.
The underperformance of California’s legal marijuana market has ripped a hole in the state budget, according to documents released Thursday. Gov.