Come join our team of amazing professionals! The City of Tracy is seeking a dynamic and innovative Information Technology professional to join our growing team as our next Cyber Security Officer! This is a professional classification responsible for independently performing a wide variety of complex assignments, projects, and analyses in support of City information security. Incumbents conduct risk assessments, evaluate security vulnerabilities, and provide training and assistance to City staff to correct identified security vulnerabilities and implement security protocols to ensure City compliance with regulatory, security and privacy standards adopted by the City.
Under general direction, performs a variety of professional level duties including the design, implementation, maintenance, evaluation, and daily management of security systems and solutions; and performs duties related to threat detection and prevention, education, risk assessment, compliance, business recovery, incident response; and performs related duties, as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate will possess experience in broad IT principals including experience with Cisco, Microsoft, and enterprise cybersecurity frameworks. This individual will be action-oriented, a problem solver, provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers, and provide effective leadership in the development and implementation of a strategic cybersecurity policy and framework for the City.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or a related field and four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience managing various information technology, business and telecommunication security systems. Experience in implementing security systems in a public sector environment is highly desirable.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) – Security or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Security certifications are highly desirable.
- Cybersecurity certifications such as, but not limited to CISSP, GSEC, Security+ and CISM are also highly desirable.
- Candidate must pass POST level background investigation for clearance to work on Police Department Systems.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid Class C California driver’s license upon appointment.
- May be required to complete National Incident Management System (NIMS) Training.
Why Choose The City of Tracy?
- Opportunity to work and collaborate on exciting and critical IT projects and smart-city objectives.
- Professional Development - Tracy places a high emphasis on growing its staff professionally and encourages knowledge-based career development
- Flexible Work Schedule - 9/80 schedule combined with hybrid telework options provide an excellent work-life balance for staff. (Requires Department Director approval).
- Outstanding benefits. Comprehensive benefits package, including CalPERS retirement, and participation in Social Security that only a few California cities offer.