· Serves as the Board’s legislative liaison at local, state and federal levels; and participates in the advocacy of the legislative and community programs.
· Recommends a long-term financial plan for the implementation of a Capital Improvement Program and methods of financing.
· Makes recommendations to the Board relating to personnel policies, including the establishment of salaries and benefits for County employees.
· Exercises executive supervision and control of the affairs of all departments and services of the County.
· Supervises the negotiation and performance of contracts, leases, agreements, and memoranda of understanding; supervises the County's legislative program.
· Represents the Board of Supervisors in matters pertaining to relationships with other government agencies and the public and informs the Board of Supervisors of matters which may be pertinent to the discharge of the Board's responsibilities.
· Evaluates proposed programs and periodically evaluates existing departmental programs and makes necessary recommendations to the Board, including to add, delete, consolidate and/or reassign department functions, duties and powers.
· Supervises and oversees the development and administration of the County budget.
· Makes recommendations on the acquisition of real property.