The Diversity and Inclusion Officer will drive engagement, strategy, execution and accountability for all County of Ventura Diversity and Inclusion initiatives to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without discrimination and that the County leverages the strength of our diverse workforce and community.
Working in collaboration with the Diversity and Inclusion Task Force, County Leadership, and other stakeholders the Diversity and Inclusion Officer will develop strategies which integrate Diversity and Inclusion Management into county initiatives; and will review and evaluate organization policies and procedures to ensure the acknowledgement of Diversity and Inclusion issues and needs.
The Successful Candidate
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in developing and managing diversity and inclusion programs, human resources management, and related regulations and law, and will excel at establishing and maintaining partnerships that drive success. The candidate will have a personal style that enables them to quickly become a member of the close-knit, team-oriented County family. The County seeks a dynamic individual with a passion for diversity and inclusion, coupled with outstanding analytical and communication/presentation skills. The successful candidate will be able to actively engage staff at all levels of the organization to foster behaviors, attitudes, policies, and initiatives that support diversity, inclusion, equity, and unity. Possession of the of the following competencies is crucial:
- Decision Making
- Relationship Building
- Political Savvy
- Handling Conflict
- Emotional Intelligence
- Group Facilitation
These are entrance requirements to the recruitment process and do not assure continuance in the process.
A bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of management-level experience analyzing and making recommendations for the solution of problems related to diversity and inclusion, equal employment opportunity, organizational development, or human resources management and substantial supervisory experience over professional-level staff.
A deep understanding of and passion for the work of diversity, inclusion, and equity, and significant experience in:
- Managing process improvement projects for diversity and inclusion, equal employment opportunity, and/or human resources management from concept inception to delivery and evaluation.
- Supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff.
- Conducting formal investigations of allegations of discriminatory or problematic behavior.
- Experience successfully collaborating and in partnerships with various constituencies on strategies and related initiatives.
- A graduate degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Business Administration (MBA), Public Administration (MPA), Management, Organizational Development, Social Justice, Diversity & Inclusion, or equivalent.
To APPLY for this exceptional career opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter that illustrate examples of your experience with all of the following:
- Managing process improvement projects relating to diversity and inclusion, equal employment opportunity, and/or human resources management from concept inception through delivery and evaluation.
- Supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff (please include the titles and functions of the staff you have supervised)
- Responding to complaints related to Equal Employment Opportunity or related human resources matters
- Making presentations to elected officials, boards, groups, or other organizations
If interested, you may do one of the following:
- E-mail your current resume and cover letter to: Matt.Escobedo@ventura.org,
- Submit an online application at www.ventura.org/jobs and attach your current resume and cover letter.
All resumes will be reviewed weekly beginning August 31, 2020 to determine if the stated requirements are met. All relevant work experience, training and education need to be included to determine eligibility.