Avalon Councilwoman Pamela Albers has passed away, according to the city. She was 62 years old.
Monthly Salary Range: $6,115 - $7,809
4% Cost of Living Adjustment July 1, 2019
Bargaining Unit: Local 21 – Supervisory Management
The Contra Costa County Library is currently recruiting to fill one vacant Community Library Manager position for the Moraga Community Library. The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies at other community libraries. Contra Costa County operates over 26 community libraries within a 750 square mile area and serves close to 1 million urban, suburban and rural customers with an annual circulation exceeding 5.5 million.
Community Library Managers are responsible for day-to-day administration and operation of a full service community library. Responsibilities include applying individual judgment and influence to manage human, financial and physical resources in a community library and supervise the activities of professional, paraprofessional technical and/or clerical level positions involved in library support and service activities; plan, develop and implement community library goals, objectives, policies and procedures; collaborate with City staff in the planning and development of library programs and services; assess community library needs and formulate proposals and policies and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
• Knowledge of library methods, techniques and procedures
• Ability to assume community leadership and evaluate the needs of the community library
• Experience with the principles and techniques involved in the operation and administration of public libraries
• Effective supervision and mentorship of staff; including the ability to lead, train, coach, and provide feedback to subordinate staff
• Exhibits effective communication skills; establish professional relationships with individuals and groups
Read the complete job description at www.cccounty.us/hr. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for one year and may be used to fill future vacancies at other community library locations in Contra Costa County.
TENTATIVE EXAM DATES
Tentative Exam Scheduled on June 24, 2019
Education: Possession of a Master of Library Science degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association, or equivalent curriculum.
Experience: Two (2) years of full-time equivalent professional/supervisory library experience.
Three (3) years full-time equivalent experience working in a library, which may include two (2) years as support staff, technician or paraprofessional, and at least one (1) year at a professional/supervisory level.
1. Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date. A completed Supplemental Questionnaire is required at the time of applying.
2. Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
3. Oral Interview: Conducted by a Qualifications Appraisal Board who will evaluate candidates in job-related areas. Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list. (Weighted 100%)
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.
The underperformance of California’s legal marijuana market has ripped a hole in the state budget, according to documents released Thursday. Gov.