$116,807.70 - $163,546.83 Annually, plus Benefits
NEW HIRE/RETENTION/REFERRAL INCENTIVES:
New hires may be eligible for a one-time New Hire Incentive up to 10% of the current annual base wage. (Subject to the applicable section of the Management Resolution (Secs. 625 – 627)
OUR COUNTY AND COMMUNITY:
Ventura County is located on California's "Gold Coast," approximately 35 miles northwest of Los Angeles and 20 miles southeast of Santa Barbara. Residents enjoy rolling hills and sweeping ocean views in a nearly perfect Mediterranean climate with an average annual temperature of 74.2 degrees. The beauty and weather combined with a wonderful quality of life are among the many reasons our residents choose to call Ventura County "home."
Ventura County is a "general law" county, governed by a five-member, elected-by-district Board of Supervisors. The Board appoints a County Executive Officer (CEO) to oversee the County budget, day-to-day operations, as well as to advise, assist and act as an agent for the Board of Supervisors in all matters under the Board's jurisdiction. County operations have an operating budget of approximately $2.7 billion.
Under general administrative direction, plans, organizes, coordinates, directs, and controls the County's centralized procurement activities for all agencies/departments and special districts to ensure the County can obtain the best value in the procurement of goods and services to meet its objectives; and performs related duties as required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience, which has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. The required knowledge and experience can typically be obtained by a bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, finance, or a related field and four (4) years of progressive experience administering/managing public or private procurement functions.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A valid California driver’s license
HOW TO APPLY:
- Certified as a Public Procurement Officer, i.e., CPPO or CPP
- Extensive experience in public sector procurement
- Master’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, or a related field
- Experience supervising staff in a collective bargaining environment
- Strong communication and relationship management skills and the ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, including various levels of government and the public.
To APPLY for this exceptional career opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter which illustrates all of the following:
SUBMIT IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- Your experience in procurement operations;
- Your experience developing, interpreting, and applying policies related to purchasing and contracts;
- Your experience providing strong leadership and instilling accountability in staff, include number of staff supervised, job titles, and function; and
- Your experience building relationships and interacting effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, including various levels of government and the public.
- E-mail to: Michelle.Antonetty@ventura.org
- Submit an on-line application and attachments (resume and cover letter) at www.ventura.org/jobs
- Mail to:
Michelle Antonetty, Sr. HR Business Partner
County of Ventura Human Resources
800 South Victoria Avenue, L-1970
Ventura ,CA 93009;
First review date is August 26, 2022. The resume should reflect years and months of employment, including beginning and ending dates, as well as all relevant work experience.
For additional information about this position please contact Michelle Antonetty at (805) 677-5191 or email at Michelle.Antonetty@ventura.org.