$189,428.57 - $265,200.00 Annually, plus Benefits
Under administrative direction, assists in the development of the strategic plans regarding clinical information systems while ensuring ongoing communication among staff in terms of effectively managing existing clinical computerized processes.
The Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO) is a single position class and serves as a champion to the information management department, assisting with the design, development and implementation of clinical information technology, while maintaining the Health Care Agency’s strategic plan that embodies countywide and departmental needs. This position reports to the Health Care Agency’s Chief Information Officer.
This classification is exempt from the Civil Service System.
EDUCATION, TRAINING and EXPERIENCE:
Comprehensive experience which has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. The required knowledge and abilities can be obtained by:
- Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Medical Informatics, Business Administration or Technology
- Graduation from an accredited medical school and possession of a valid Physician or Surgeon License issued by the State of California
- 5 years of experience in Medical Informatics including:
- 3 years of direct health informatics deployment and optimization experience
- 3 years of leadership/management experience
- 3 years of experience with large electronic health record systems (e.g., Cerner or Epic) and clinical systems and process design/re-design
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT(S):
HOW TO APPLY:
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design and development
- Practical experience with electronic health information systems including configuration, implementation, support and optimization in an ambulatory and hospital setting
To APPLY for this exceptional career opportunity, please submit an online application at www.ventura.org/jobs and attach your current resume and a cover letter illustrating your experience with all of the following:
- Your Medical informatics experience including direct health informatics deployment and optimization experience;
- Your leadership/management experience;
- Your large electronic health record systems and clinical systems and process design/re-design experience;
- Your strategic planning, organization design and development experience;
- Your electronic health information systems including configuration, implementation, support and optimization in an ambulatory and hospital setting; and
- Possession of a Master's degree in Healthcare Administration, Medical Informatics, Business Administration or Technology or graduation from an accredited medical school and possession of a valid Physician or Surgeon License issued by the State of California.
All resumes and cover letters will be reviewed weekly beginning Wednesday, May 18, 2022, to determine if the stated requirements are met. All relevant work experience, training and education need to be included in order to determine eligibility.
For further information about this recruitment, please contact Liz Gonzalez by e-mail at Liz.Gonzalez@ventura.org or by telephone at (805) 654-3611.