CALWORKS EMPLOYMENT SERVICES MANAGER II
County of San Mateo
$10,608 - $13,262 / Month
The County of San Mateo Human Services Agency (HSA) is seeking a qualified CalWORKs Employment Services Manager II.
In general, the CalWORKs Employment Services Manager provides operational and program oversight of CalWORKs Welfare-to-Work services and associated programs to include Family Stabilization (FS), Subsidized Employment (SEP or Sub-E), CalWORKs Housing Support Program (CHSP), Cal-Learn, Home Visiting Program, Child Care Programs, and CalFresh Employment. The CWES Manager participates in contract development and monitoring, special projects that improve client services, conducts supervision and staff coaching and support, and meeting program Quality Improvement goals.
The ideal candidate will possess three years of increasingly responsible experience in a health, social, or community services organization (including significant responsibility for funding, budget development, program utilization, and/or evaluation or coordination of community resources), with at least one year of experience equivalent to a Human Services Manager I. In addition, the ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience in administering employment service programs.
Other duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement, plan, direct, coordinate, and evaluate specialized social or community services, activities, and programs;
- Participate in the development of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and priorities within one or more specialized service areas;
- Prepare cost estimates and justifications for budget recommendations;
- Monitor and control expenditures to ensure the accomplishment of objectives within an approved budget;
- Negotiate or participate in negotiating contracts with outside vendors, consultants, or organizations;
- Administer, monitor, and evaluate contracts; participate in or act as liaison with internal or external committees, boards, and commissions;
- Maintain an effective working relationship with a variety of public and private organizations, including staff in other County departments and agencies;
- Answer questions and provide information to the public;
- Supervise the enforcement of applicable standards, codes, and regulations, as required;
- Investigate the sources of outside funds, prepare and submit grant applications, and administer secured funds;
- Prepare written reports, policies, procedures, grants, and contracts;
- Provide staff assistance to higher level management on program or service issues;
- Select, supervise, train, and evaluate supervisory, professional, technical, and/or clerical subordinates;
- Provide critical leadership and oversight to program operations, staff supervision, and partner engagement;
- Strategically plan the direction of CalWORKs Employment Services Program.
- Attend State and Regional meetings regarding program and policy changes related to State and Federal Law; and
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is three years of increasingly responsible experience in a health, social, or community services organization, including significant responsibility for funding, budget development, program utilization, and/or evaluation or coordination of community resources.
FINAL FILING DATE: January 20, 2022
To learn more about the position and to apply online, please visit our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmateo/jobs/3307256/calworks-employment-services-manager-ii-open-and-promotional
. Applications are only accepted online. Responses to the supplemental questions must be submitted in addition to our regular employment application form, a resume, and a cover letter. A resume will not be accepted as a substitute for the required employment application and supplemental questionnaire. EOE