We are seeking an innovative, collaborative individual to conduct a variety of planning duties with competence and professionalism. The Associate Planner will be responsible for serving as project manager for development projects, including residential, mixed use, commercial, industrial, and institutional proposals.
The Associate Planner must possess excellent project management skills, problem-solving ability, interpersonal and communication skills. The Associate Planner must be self-directed, results oriented, exercise discretion and independent judgment and project a professional image.
- Research, analyze, review and process plans and applications for various residential, commercial, mixed-use, and industrial projects
- Consult and advise property owners, architects, engineers, contractors and the general public regarding City policies, standards, and procedures
- Coordinate planning activities with other City departments and outside agencies
- Prepare written communication including staff reports and analytical reports
- Prepare maps, graphs, charts and other visual aids
- Present information to City Council, Planning Commission, and other groups
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree with major course work in urban planning or a closely related field
- Three or more years of responsible professional level planning experience
- Expertise in current- and long-range planning
- Knowledge of and experience preparing, or coordinating, the preparation of documents in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act
- Experience applying urban design principles and/or architectural design guidelines.
- Outstanding teamwork and interpersonal skills including excellent customer service skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in the use of GIS and related computer software
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret and present data
- A valid Class C California driver’s license
View the recruitment and apply online at www.toaks.org/jobs