The acting city manager of Maywood, Reuben Martinez, was placed on paid leave Friday due to stress, according to the city.
The San Joaquin County Health Care Services Agency is offering an excellent employment opportunity for an experienced public health care administrator, who is both innovative and results oriented, to assist in leading, managing, and administering the services and programs offered through San Joaquin County’s Health Care Services agency as the Assistant Director of Health Care Services. This key position is responsible for ensuring departmental compliance with all applicable laws, mandates, and regulations, as well as policies established by the County Administrator and Board of Supervisors. The Assistant Director of Health Care Services reports directly to and assists the Director of Health Care Services, and functions as a direct extension of the Director’s authority. This is an at-will position and is exempt from the County’s Civil Service System.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in public health, health care administration, business administration, public administration, or a closely related field.
Experience: Seven years of senior-level management experience in a large and complex public health care system, including responsibility for major program planning, budgeting, and implementation.
License: Possession of a current California driver’s license.
Annual Base Salary: $147,014 to $178,693
In addition to base salary, the County offers a Cafeteria Plan in the annual amount of $24,023 which may be used to purchase medical, dental, and vision coverage. Depending on a candidate’s health plan selection, premiums not paid by the Cafeteria plan allowance will be the employee’s responsibility through a pre-tax deduction. Unused monies are paid as additional salary. Additional benefits include:
· A 5% employer contribution to the County’s 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
· Vacation cash-out of up to 15 days annually
· 1937 Act retirement plan with reciprocity with CalPERS
· $7,020 Annual Car Allowance
· 12 days of sick leave annually with unlimited accumulation
· 15 days of vacation leave (20 days after 10 years, 23 days after 20 years)
· 14 paid holidays per year
· 10 days administrative leave per fiscal year
The following recruitment incentives may be available:
· Reimbursement of moving expenses up to $5,000
· Vacation accrual rate consistent with candidate’s total years of Public Service
· Sick leave credit of up to 160 hours of unreimbursed sick leave from prior employer
Apply online: http://www.sjgov.org/department/hr
A bill introduced by Senator Ricardo Lara (D-Bell Gardens) last week would eliminate much of the power cities currently have to regulate local street vending, essentially legalizing the practice st
We’ve lost count of the number of government officials were left red-faced (or worse) as a result of what they thought was just an innocent tweet.