Ventura County is located on California's "Gold Coast," approximately 35 miles northwest of Los Angeles and 20 miles southeast of Santa Barbara. Residents enjoy rolling hills and sweeping ocean views in a nearly perfect Mediterranean climate with an average annual temperature of 74.2 degrees. The beauty and weather combined with a wonderful quality of life are among the many reasons our residents choose to call Ventura County "home."
The Information Technology Services Department works with every Ventura County department/agency to provide the necessary technology infrastructure and consulting/contracting services to meet ongoing and emerging business needs including project management, business process improvements, application support, voice/data infrastructure, data security, threat and vulnerability/risk management, and extended staffing.
Working within the Enterprise Systems and Services Division under general direction of the Manager, Application Development (MAD) assigned to the County Executive Office (CEO), and in conjunction with subject-matter experts, the Applications Architect provides technical lead support for multiple, diverse enterprise systems and is responsible for planning and performing application requirements definition, system component mix and architecture definition, application design, application development, and system implementation.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the following; systems analysis, design, developing database driven web applications using Microsoft .NET technologies, SPA frameworks and developing content enriched websites using WordPress and HTML. The candidate will also have experience developing reporting solutions using SQL Server Reporting services (SSRS) and/or Crystal Reports. The candidate will have the ability to interact directly with users and provide outstanding customer service to Agency heads, elected officials, management personnel, the public and more. The successful candidate will be flexible, able to shift priorities with short notice, and be adaptable to the ever changing business needs of the department.
Examples of Duties:
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Serves as subject matter expert in performing research, requirements definitions, analysis, development, acquisition, and implementation of hardware, software, and applications systems.
- Designs system solutions using a variety of current technologies, including C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MS/SQL, Single Page Application (SPA) frameworks, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports, WordPress and HTML 5/6; recommends the appropriate mix of current technologies to customer departments and internal management to meet identified business needs.
- Coordinates system development and maintenance requirements in collaboration with users, other IT Services staff, vendors and customer agencies, such as Board of Supervisors, County Executive Office, Grand Jury, and the Civil Service Commission.
- Develops and manages software required for Board Room hearing/meeting modules, Clerk of the Board Agenda and Assessment modules and CEO applications.
- Prepares progress and status reports for internal management and customer departments using technologies such as Business Objects, Crystal Reports and more.
- Ensures Service Level Commitments (SLCs) are being met for areas of responsibility.
- Provides IT customer service and support to executive level and upper management staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Extensive experience in computer systems analysis, design, and programming and experience in supporting executive and upper management staff.
The required knowledge, skills, and abilities also can be obtained by possession of a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
Three (3) years of systems analysis and programming experience;
One year of experience as an Information Systems Analyst, or Data Systems Analyst within the County of Ventura, Information Technology Services Department.
Additional years of qualifying experience may be substituted for the college education on a year-for-year basis.
Necessary Special Requirements:
Possession or the ability to obtain and maintain a valid California driver license.
Three (3) years or more experience in systems analysis, design, developing database driven web applications using Microsoft.Net technologies such as C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, and MS/SQL;
Three (3) years or more of experience in developing content enriched websites using WordPress and HTML 5/6;
Five (5) years or more of experience interacting directly with users and providing outstanding customer service;
Two (2) years or more of experience developing reporting solutions using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and/or Crystal Reports.
Three (3) years or more experience using Single-Page Application (SPA) frameworks such as Angular, React, Ember and Vue.
FINAL FILING DATE:
This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time; therefore, apply as soon as possible if you are interested in it. Your application must be received by County of Ventura Human Resources no later than 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
To apply on-line, please refer to our web site at www.ventura.org/jobs. Click Applications Architect - County Executive Office
to be taken to the job announcement directly. If you prefer to fill out a paper application form, please call (805) 654-5129 for application materials and submit them to County of Ventura Human Resources, 800 South Victoria Avenue, L-1970, Ventura CA 93009.
For further information about this recruitment, please contact Monika Maine by e-mail at Monika.Maine@ventura.org or by telephone at (805) 654-2629.