DATE OPENED: September 24, 2018
DATE CLOSED: October 15, 2018
Exam Number: 3AGF-2018A
Monthly Salary Range: $6,115.66 – $7,809.95
Bargaining Unit: Local 21
Located in northern California, Contra Costa County serves over one million residents through 25 different County Departments. The Library Department is made up of over 400 employees serving 26 community libraries throughout Contra Costa County.
The Contra Costa County Library Department seeks an Adult Literacy Program Manager who will split their time between the Pleasant Hill Library and the Library Administration office in Martinez. This full-time position will play an integral role in evaluating the operations of the Library’s Adult Literacy Program. As this position is the program’s primary fundraiser and outreach coordinator and represents the Literacy Program in the Library and surrounding communities.
The Adult Literacy Program Manager is responsible for; ensuring successful implementation of volunteer trainings, student and tutor recruitment campaigns; developing programs to maximize the success of students and tutors; establishing networking partnerships with other literacy program providers in the Bay Area, fundraising; administration of all literacy grants’, and creating a communication plan that results in high visibility for literacy services in the library and the community.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
• Budget and grant administration
• Fundraising strategies and practices
• Principles of management and supervision
• Excellent teamwork and volunteer management skills
• Commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment
• Ability to maintain collaborative relationships with community groups
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
• Passion for literacy and desire to share literacy resources and promote the library
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information to the public
• Dependable and punctual
• Strong leadership and relationship building skills
• Able to effectively use current library technology
Read the complete job description at www.cccounty.com/hr . The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for one year.
TENTATIVE EXAM DATES
Tentative Oral Exam: November 8, 2018
License Required: Possession of a Valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License. Out of State valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in education, speech pathology & audiology, psychology, communications, humanities, social science, business, public administration, library science or behavioral science field.
Experience: One (1) year of full-time literacy experience or its equivalent in an adult literacy program or as a certificated teacher or a community program coordinator.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis up to a maximum of four years.
1. Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date.
2. Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
3. Oral Interview: Conducted by a Qualifications Appraisal Board who will evaluate candidates in job-related areas (Weighted 100%). Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list.
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.