The Santa Barbara County Office of the Auditor-Controller is seeking entry-level Accountant-Auditors to take part in the New Auditor Training and Development Program in Santa Barbara. The New Auditor Training and Development Program (NATD) provides a unique opportunity for entry-level Accountant-Auditors. Not only does it provide a useful overview of the Auditor-Controller’s Office, it also provides an understanding of the role of the Auditor-Controller’s Office within the county organization. The NATD Program rotates new Accountant-Auditors over a 2 to 4-year period (depending on the candidate’s professional track) through the divisions within the Office of the Auditor-Controller to gain experience in accounting, auditing, and financial reporting.
Applicants who are currently in their final year of study leading to a bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting or a related degree are encouraged to apply. Such applicants may compete in the examination process but may not be considered for appointment until they have attained the required degree.
After a reasonable training and orientation period, the incumbent may be offered a hybrid work schedule and/or flexible workweek in accordance with our office policy. However, it is required that the incumbent be within reasonable travel distance to accommodate regular and infrequent in-person meetings and to support the in-office team culture.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
EFFECTIVE PERFORMERS WILL:
- Coursework in accounting and auditing
- Interest in public service
- Strong desire to obtain a CPA license
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to identify problems, solve them and act decisively with good judgement
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Have strong organizing and planning skills that allow them to be highly efficient by managing their time wisely, and effectively prioritizing multiple competing tasks.
- Think and act ethically and honestly by applying ethical standards of behavior to daily work activities and taking responsibility for their actions.
- Establish and model standards that guarantee exceptional quality and necessary attention to detail.
- Continually seek to improve processes and products, and hold themselves accountable for quality by finding best practices, sharing them, and then improving upon them.
- Recognize the essential value of continuous information exchange through actively seeking information from a variety of sources and disseminating it in a variety of ways.
- Write clearly and concisely, composing informative and convincing memos, e-mails, letters, reports, and other documents and conveying both substance and intent of accuracy.
- Understand and support the Auditor's mission by frequently referring to the mission and incorporating it into their daily activities.
- Identify problems, solve them, act decisively, and show good judgment.
- Work as a team player and identify with the larger departmental team and their role within it.
The salary range for this position is $70,323.42 - $84,348.87, annually depending on qualifications. This position is also eligible for a 5% CPA allowance.
For more information about this exceptional career opportunity, please visit the link below.
To apply be submit your completed application which includes a resume, cover letter, and requested transcripts.
CLICK HERE for more information and to apply!