Let’s Play ‘Nickname That City!’
Every once in a while we get a really fun break from the more weighty stories of the day. Today, this is it.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of California earning its nickname “the Golden State,” Mercury News has published a quiz and guide to California city nicknames.
Check out some of the teasers below. For answers, click here.
• Which California city is known as the Garlic Capital of the World?
• Which California city is known as the Poison Oak Capital of the World?
• America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital is which California City?
• The Fog Capital of California is….?
• Surf City USA: Santa Cruz or Huntington Beach?
• Bigfoot Capital of the World: Willow Creek or Eureka?
• Lettuce Capital of the World: Salinas or Watsonville?
• Which California city is known as Crown City? Hint: there’s more than one!